Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Taken by Norah McClintock


Two girls have recently disappeared near the town where Stephanie lives, and there is talk of a serial killer. She is concerned but is sure that it could never happen to her.

But then it does. Tied up and alone, she manages to escape her captor and run for her life. Bus she is in the middle of nowhere, with no food, no shelter and no way home.

I have never been a big fan of YA fiction but lately I've been exposed to some really good examples lately. This book was one of them and I'm so happy I read it.

Stephanie is an engaging character who finds herself in a hopeless situation and has the strength and courage to meet it head on and get herself to safety and her family. Unfortunately all is not what it appears to be once she is home and only by staying strong is she able to discover the truth of what happened to her.

8 comments:

Zia said...

I haven't heard of this one and it sounds really good.

Elena said...

I've seen a couple of reviews of this around the place, and haven't read YA since i was 13 haha. It looks like one of those books that's difficult to review/talk about because there's stuff you don't want to give away..

bookmagic said...

This sounds good. I've been into YA books lately, since Hush, Hush and I think I will try this one. Thanks for the review.

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Wow that one looks good. Iwould be interested in reading this!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Good review. I've just recently been discovering YA myself since getting involved in the book blogging community. There really are some really great ones out there. This sounds like one of them.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a riveting read, quite intense. I didn't read a lot of YA but since I've started blogging all that has changed. There are some great books out there and a good story is a good story, no matter who it's marketed at. Thanks for the review :)

Krista said...

I haven't heard of this one either and it sounds good! I will definitely be looking out for this :)

Oh, and at first I thought this was a movie review for the newer movie Taken which was a really good movie, but this is a little different and now a must have for me.

Oh, and I have enjoyed quite a bit of YA lately too since my blog :)

Thanks for the wonderful review :)

IceJewel said...

I love to read YA books.But, never I thought that such a story can be written for young adults.It does sound very different than the regular YA's that I have read.

I haven't read any of Norah's books.But, I will now, if I can get my hands on it.

I had not heard about this book until now.Thanks for the review :)