Thursday, October 22, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here is what you do. You write down all the word verifications you come across as you are posting comments on other peoples blogs. You then play Balderdash with them. Now for those of you who don't know how to play, you take a made up word and come up with a authentic sounding definition for it. Do this for a week and then post your best ones every Thursday.

Here are mine for this week:

Scorpus: The sister of Cerberus who guards the back door of Hades. She is normally depicted as a giant scorpion with three heads; dog, human, and lioness.

Coffeniur: A connoisseur of coffins. These strange individuals can normally be found trying out different coffins in the local funeral homes.

Monkev: The name of the most notorious monk of the 17th century. He was personally responsible for the deaths of hundreds of women he considered to be to pure and innocent to be allowed to live in such a depraved world.

Weroc: Strange creatures found in the deepest ocean trenches. In their natural state they resemble giant Octopi. However when they are feeling threatened they can alter their shape to resemble a great white shark.

Xophia: Woodland fairies found throughout the forests of Minnesota and Michigan. They are widely known for their kindness to lost hikers. They will take the shape of fawns of rabbits and lead hikers to safety.

6 comments:

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Ryan I swear you are the Word Balderdash King! I laugh every week! Coffeniur reminds me of a book called Wednesday sisters where the girls all got in the coffin to think about what they wanted to accomplish yet in life before they really wound up there.

And Xophia is awesome and definitely what I would call book character worthy! I wish I knew a fantasy author who could add that to their next book.... it is a wonderful concept and I can so picture it! :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

You are great at these words! I love them all. The one that gave me a chuckle is coffeniur- A connoisseur of coffins! lol! That is great!

You really make the definitions go with the words. I am not this great at this like you. These would be great in a book-story. Start writing that book of yours so we can read it, we will already know the language.

Alexia561 said...

Agree with Sheila that you are the Balderdash King! Love how Scorpus and Xophia fit in with mythology. And Coffeniur is very clever as well. Another great week!

Ryan said...

You guys are making me blush :-)

La Coccinelle said...

I wouldn't want to run into Scorpus!

Krista said...

LOL, I love Scorpus it had me laughing. You really are good at this! These words really should be words, really. :) Wow, great stuff :)