Monday, September 7, 2009

Mailbox Monday for September 7th, 2009


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme hosted by The Printed Page. This is my first week participating so we will see how it goes.

I received Dark Time by Dakota Banks from the publicist. This is one of few urban fantasy books that I've wanted to read that I hadn't gotten around to yet so I was very thankful for it.

I received Pike Point by Greg Suhonen from the author. I'm excited about this one since it takes place in the region of MN that I'm from.

Then I went to the Friends of the Library bookstore and picked up 7 donated books (not old library books) for $5.50. I got the trade paperbacks for 50 cents a piece and the hardbacks for a dollar a piece. All of them were in great condition and look brand new.

Trade paperback of Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

Trade paperback of The Eight by Katherine Neville





14 comments:

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Great books!

I have the interview questions ready but am looking for a way to email you... I must be brain dead today as I am not finding it. I will keep looking but if you get to this first - please email me at journey through books @ gmail dot com

Thanks :)

bookmagic said...

Wow, lots of reading for you to do! I loved The Secret History

Zia said...

Anansi Boys is on my TBR list at some point. I love his writing!

Cathy said...

I really enjoyed The Eight and The Secret History. Hope you do, too!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Wow Ryan, you are really adding to the stack of books there. Are you getting any sleep lately? LOL! It is great to see a fellow friend with the same addiction, buying books non-stop. (Only thing is I can't keep up with the books I buy.)

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I love library sales. The only one that I have read and LOVED is The Secret History.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ryan, just wanted to stop by to let you know I have an award waiting for you...

http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2009/09/spread-love-award.html

Wendi said...

Welcome to Mailbox Monday - this is a very fun weekly meme, with a great bunch of people!!

I've heard such great things about Terry Brooks books. :)

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Ryan said...

Sheila, they are great books!

Deb, it's a great book. It's been years since I've read it so I'm looking forward to the revisit.

Zia, I haven't read this one yet. I've read American Gods so I'm looking forward to it.

Cathy, The Eight is one of my favorite books ever and The Secret History is one I'm looking forward to revisiting.

Melissa, it's going to take a while to get through them but I'm up for the challenge.

Michelle, I try to visit twice a month. I almost didn't go the day I went and I'm so happy I did.

Wendi, thanks for the welcome. Terry Brooks is one of my favorite authors so when I find cheap hardcovers I snatch them up.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your books. I've been meaning to get around to Anansi Boys. I love American Gods.

Ryan said...

Thanks Carol, I planning on it!

Krista said...

Oh, wow! You have quite a list there and great money saving deals! I just love when that happens. I want Anasi Boys as well can't wait to see hwta you think about it. Happy reading!

Ryan said...

Thanks Krista

Krista said...

Ha, ha, I so had a typo! I ment -"what" you think about it! Sorry, dyslexia kicking in...LOL!