Saturday, September 5, 2009

My ABC's!

Krista at Life or Something Like It tagged me with this meme a few days ago and has since reminded me that she tagged with me it, so I decided I better get it done before she decides to send zombie penguins or rabid hyenas after me.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Share your ABCs
3. Tag three people at the end by linking to their blogs
4. Let the three tagged people know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
5. Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people, so there is a big network of bloggers doing this tag

Available or single? Single, single, single, single, and doomed to be single for the rest of my natural life or until I actually accept a date. Whichever comes first.

Best Friend? My roommate Frankie

Cake or Pie? Can't stand the texture of cake, it creeps me out. The only pies I like are rhubarb, sweet potato, butterscotch cream, gooseberry, or blackberry. I do love cheesecake though.

Drink of choice? Water would be number 1. Then I would have to break it down from there. Non Alcoholic would be: hot tea, hot apple cider, and cranberry juice. Alcohol would be wine (red and dry), vodka (Grey Goose, Belvedere, or Absolut), and silver tequila (Patron Silver only). Now assuming I ever had the time to go out with friends (which I don't) those would be the items I would partake in. I just love long answers, don't you?

Essential item for every day use? Soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, books, and my computer

Favorite color? Blues and greens in every shade, hue.

Google? Too much for stuff I really don't need to know.

Hometown? Two Harbors, MN but currently live in Wichita, KS.

Indulgences? Books, books, books, books, the occasional DVD, followed by more books. Oh yeah I forgot about, and don't laugh, my addiction to calamari.

January or February? January hands down. I'm a winter boy, the colder the better.

Kids and their names? Aidan who is 6 and occasionally acts like he's 60.

Life is incomplete without…? My son, friends, books, Eeyore, tea, Scrabble, and politics.

Marriage? Not even close

Number of siblings? 1 brother

Oranges or apples? Oranges are OK and I only like green or crab apples.

Phobias and fears? Clowns, clowns on motorcycles, clowns stuffed in a car, clowns walking down the street, clowns carrying butcher knifes. I think you get the point!

Quote for the day? "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death." Said by Mame Dennis in the great, great movie Auntie Mame.

Reason to smile? My son, my friends, winning a game of Scrabble, a good, hot cup of tea, and everyone single person reading these answers. You guys are the best and I'm thankful to you every day.

Season? Fall and Winter. I hate heat but love cool breezes, the leaves turning, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, snow, icicles and about a million other things about those two seasons.

Tag 3 people? I think everyone has been tagged by now, but if you are reading this and have not done this, consider yourself tagged! Follow the rules and everything will be OK.

Unknown fact about me? I still cry every time I watch Old Yeller or Bambi and Marley & Me had me bawling like a little baby.

Vegetable you hate? Unlike Krista I love squash, especially butternut squash. So I think the only "vegetables" I don't like are actually classified as fruits. I can't stand eggplant, avocado, and don't like tomatoes on hamburgers.

Worst habit? I like to argue a little bit too much.

X-rays you’ve had? Back, neck, head, chest, knee, and foot

Your fave food? Not sure if this is answerable without taking up a entire post. Calamari, clams, shrimp, cucumbers, radishes, lasagna, potato dumplings, ham, stuffing, au gratin potatoes, and I'll stop the list here because I'm getting hungry.

Zodiac sign? Leo and I was born in the Year of the Dragon.

8 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Some commonalities here! Blue is my fav color...pretty much all shades. We are both totally winter people. I think we were the only ones that answered it that way! I forgot to mention clowns...one of my main phobias!

Don't know if I mentioned this before, but my son Gabriel (Gabe) has two middle names and one of them is Aidan! Gabriel Aidan Michael. I love that name. Used it as tribute to Celtic culture and Aidan Quinn (LOL!).

Great answers!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great answers. I like how you give more than just a word or two, I too love the long answers.

You mentioned Rhubarb pie. I don't think anyone eats this any more. We have an old country store not far from here that use to make the best strawberry rhubarb pie. Mmmmmm, it was delicious! I have not had it in years though, they changed thier recipe and no one else eats it. (I can't be eating the whole pie by my self, I am trying to lose weight not gain - although I would love to eat the whole thing.)

I too love blues.

Great answers, loved them all.

Krista said...

Love your answers you made me laugh a few times here and I'm talking about the LOL kind of laugh too!

I love, Love Calamari too! Great stuff! I love winter, it's my favorite time of the year as well! The colder the better, I say. Great Answers, Ryan, you're awesome!

bookmagic said...

great answers, it reminded me of stuff I've left off mine. Long answers are good. I love that part " single...until I actually accept a date" LOL. Singles Unite!!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

You are hilarious! and a fellow Minnesotan (by birth) I live in the Twin Cities.

I am terrified of clowns, just TERRIFIED. Good lord, i blame it entirely on Stephen King's "It". I read it waaay too early and was convinced for many years there was a clown holding a balloon under my bed. (shiver) I must stop talking about it.

:) I am now following YOU too. Thanks for following ME! and I think I will take this here little meme thingy.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child)

Ryan said...

Michelle, Aidan is a cool name. I can't take credit for it though. He is actually my nephew but I've had him since he was about 2 so in all sense that matter's he is my son

Melissa, i still eat rhubarb pie. You can buy rhubarb in the supermarket here and I make it all the time. Or you can buy a ready made one. I don't like rhubarb strawberry though it's too sweet. I like rhubarb cause it's tart and the strawberry takes some of the that away.

Krista, Calamari is the bestest thing in the whole wide world!

Deb, whenever you are ready to form the club I'm signing up!

Michelle, I miss MN and clowns are pure evil!

Alexia561 said...

You don't like cake??? *gasp* But I forgive you because you love Eeyore, don't like clowns with butcher knives, and have an appreciation for Auntie Mame!

The things you learn about people....*L*

Ryan said...

Alexia, I hate the texture of cake, it's so gross. Eeyore is my hero, clowns are most defiently not, and Auntie Mame is the mother I always wanted. I actually did a Favorite Fictional Character post of her a few weeks ago. Rosalind Russell was spectacular in the role and I really enjoyed the book as well. The Lucille Ball version, not so much.