Thursday, September 3, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here is what you do. You write down all the word verifications you come across as you are posting comments on other peoples blogs. You then play Balderdash with them. Now for those of you who don't know how to play, you take a made up word and come up with a authentic sounding definition for it. Do this for a week and then post your best ones every Thursday.

Here are mine for this week.

Puccalop: Small, water dwelling nature spirit from northern Ireland renowned for pulling unwary swimmers around by their big toes for at least 22 minutes. They are also overly fond of blackberries and can be bribed to carry passengers across large bodies of water by offering said blackberries.

Hyscent: Hippie term from the 1960s and 1970s that referred to scents, odors that would cause an LSD flashback.

Wergra: Related to werewolves and weretigres the Wergra is a shape-shifting giraffe. Only on nights of the quarter moon will the poor victim of this affliction turn into the vicious Wergra, half man/half giraffe.

Subrip: Small tract of land between the Saharan Dessert and Sub Sahara Africa. Know for it's unusual wildlife it has become the home of the few Wergras known to exist.

Crubb: Large circular crib designed to hold several chubby babies at one time. They can range in size from as small as a Volvo to as large as a Hummer.

13 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Ryan you outdid yourself... I am being very careful not to bustout laughing here in the office but it is hard (and actually not unusual for me....)

These are so great! I seriously am cotemplating putting them all in a binder in alphabetical order and sending copies to all participants this Christmas!

Anonymous said...

"Crubb: Large circular crib designed to hold several chubby babies at one time. They can range in size from as small as a Volvo to as large as a Hummer."

Ha, ha - the babies or the crubb?

"Dame Dulcinea"

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh man... I just read my comment... sorry about the typos... I haven't had my coffee yet. :)

Jackie said...

I shouldn't have read yours, Ryan, before doing my own. Now anything I come up with will seem inferior, lol.

Love "crubb". And "wergra" - that's tall tale! (yeah, bad joke)

How did the puccalops come up with the 22 minutes?

Ryan said...

Sheila, that is quite all right typos are a good thing! The binder thing would be really cool. Sign me up if you decide to do it.

Dulcinea, either or both I guess. The chubbier the baby the bigger the crubbs would need to be.

Jackie, as in typos bad jokes are just as good! I havnen't read your words yet but I can almost bet they are brilliant. I would hate to see the crubb that was big enough for a wergra after it changed!

Alexia561 said...

Great selection of words this week! I always had a feeling that wergra's were real! *L* Hyscent is another great one! Loved them all!

Here are my words for the week.

Ryan said...

Alexia, Thanks so much. I met a wergra once and I hope that I'm not going to get in trouble for exposing them here on the blogoverse

Anonymous said...

I visited the Subrip once, never did see a wergra!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I love the puccalop. Great words and great definitions this week. Love them!

I finally got mine up stop by if you would like.

Krista said...

Oh, I really love Curbb! Funny! You are super good at this, great words!

Ryan said...

Vicki, you're lucky. He may have ate you if you had!

Melissa, the puccalop are guite mischievious so if you meet one beware!

Krista, thanks I try my best :-)

Stephanie said...

This is a fun game, and your are the funniest and cleverest I've seen yet! I especially love the shape shifting giraffe.

Ryan said...

Laughing Stars, thank you so much. I'm going to blush now!