Monday, September 14, 2009

Spolitght on My Favorite Bloggers for BBAW


This is the first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week and I'm so excited that I can barely sit still long enough to finish this post.

For the first day we were asked to shine a spotlight on our favorite blogs that did not make the short list. This on the surface sounds like an easy thing to do. Pick out our favorite blogs, type up a few kind words on the keyboard, and you have a post all tied up with a nice red bow.

When I sat down to do this, reality set in. In the short time I had been blogging quite a few blogs and bloggers have made an impression with me to the point that I want to highlight them all. Now if I did that I would have to sit at the computer for 3 days and the post would be the longest in history. So I narrowed the kind words to 4 bloggers that I have grown close to as friends.

The first one is Deb at Bookmagic. Princess Deb of the Kingdom of Wordsmtihonia, Duchess of Wordsville, Marquess of Gotham was one of the first people I really enjoyed talking to over at Barnes & Noble's Book Clubs. She is opinionated, feisty and a lot of fun to talk to. So when she started her won blog I had to be one of her first followers and read every interesting post she ever put down on keyboard. She is a brilliant blogger who always has an interesting take on a book that I have grown to trust. After hearing her have so much fun I had to jump on into the pool and start my own blog. So in a way you can say she was my muse and inspiration and I owe her more than I can ever properly say. She has been a great friend and I know I can always count on her for advice and help. Please, please visit her blog and say hi if you haven't before.

The second one is Melissa at My World. Lady Melissa, Marquess of Tar Valon is another one of my Barnes & Noble friends that I have had the privilege to know over what is almost a year now. She is a lot of fun to talk to and always has a kind word to say. She always cheers me up when I'm feeling a little stressed or tired and started her own blog within the last two months. Her blog is now on my must visit everyday list and if a day goes by that I don't get to chat with her on Twitter or B&N I feel that the day is just not complete. I wish her all the success with her blog (which is fantastic by the way) and I hope she will always be there to talk to and enjoy a conversation with. Her blog is a lot of fun and I encourage everyone to visit.

The third blog I want to highlight is Krista at Life or Something Like It. Lady Carmen (Krista), the Baroness of Dinotopia is the third and final noble of Wordsmithonia from Barnes & Noble's Book Clubs to enter bloggerville and start her own blog. She is probably the most upbeat and giddiest (if that is a word) person I have known in a very long time. She always has a kind thing to say to everyone and seems to really appreciate life and all that comes with it. Her blog is one of the funnest around and I always find myself smiling every time I visit, which is daily now. How can you not smile when the background is so bright and cheery, she posts great reviews that makes you want to go buy the book that day, and shares her wonderful artwork on a regular basis. For those of you who have not visited before, please do so. It is well worth the time.

The last blog I want to highlight is Michelle at The Book Addict. I haven't know her for as long as I have the other three I highlighted but it seems that I have. She is a great friend I first met on Twitter and the day does not seem complete without talking to her. She is a fantastic person who always has a way of putting me in a good mood and making my day seem that much better. She recently started her own blog and it is on my daily to do list. She has a fabulous layout and even better content. Her reviews are always dead on and I know I can always trust them. I hope everyone goes and visits her blog and says hi.

If you want to know the other blogs I enjoy and visit on a regular basis all you have to do is look at my blog roll on the left hand side of the blog. Every single one of those blogs deserves a spotlight on them and I hope you take the time to visit them as well.

9 comments:

Melissa O. said...

Looks like I've got some new blogs to check out. Thanks for sharing!! :-) Happy BBAW!

Krista said...

Thank you so much, Ryan! Now I have a cheese eating grin on my face! LOL! You're truly a wonderful friend! Happy BBAW!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Ryan, I actually have tears in my eyes...Yes, I do! What else can I say, but thank you for your kind words and your friendship. You were, after all, my inspiration and my love of books has come to fruition because of it. Books are such an important part of my life and now this wonderful book blogging community is just as important to my daily existence.

As for the other three wonderful ladies you mentioned, they have also become good friends and their blogs are always a top priority on my daily list. We have ourselves quite the circle of friends here. I will always cherish the times we have talking about books or whatever else strikes our fancy!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ryan,

I feel very touched. I am glad to have made such a wonderful friend online here between B&N, Blogging, and Twitter. When someone says the day isn't complete with out talking to you that is an amazing complement. So much so I am speechless and I can't type right. I am not sure what to say in return. I find it hard to be short of words often, I usually have an answer or comeback for everything. And well now I am just stumbling around the keyboard dumb struck. Thanks for all the kind words, many many times over.

(bowing on my knees) I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy...

Cecelia said...

Great post! I loved reading about some of your favorite blogs and what qualifies them for that honor. You've made their days, I'm sure! Happy BBAW!

Ryan said...

Melissa, if you like them even half as much as I do, you will be hooked!

Krista, I'm glad I could put such a smile on your face!

Michelle, Don't cry cause now I'm going to cry! You are truly a wonderful person and blogger and I'm happy I've gotten to know you.

Melissa, Speechlessness is a good thing sometimes and you are more than worthy.

Celia, thanks so much. I'm glad you liked the post and hope you visit these wonderful blogs soon.

Literary Feline said...

It really is hard to choose just a few blogs to highlight, isn't it? So many of the ones we follow are terrific. I'm new to following your blog and have to tell you how much I enjoy it. I'm looking forward to following your posts in the future as well.

Deb at Bookmagic is a blogger I just started following as well. I look forward to visiting the other blogs on your list. My Google Reader is starting to bulge at the seams.

Ryan said...

Wendy, Thank you so much for the kind words and I look forward to chatting with you in the future. Deb is a great blogger and you will never be disspointed in her posts. When you visit the other three blogs you are in for a treat!

Ceri said...

Oh, there's some fabulous blog recommendations going around this week. I can barely keep up. That's a really great list, Ryan. :-D