Thursday, September 10, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here is what you do. You write down all the word verifications you come across as you are posting comments on other peoples blogs. You then play Balderdash with them. Now for those of you who don't know how to play, you take a made up word and come up with a authentic sounding definition for it. Do this for a week and then post your best ones every Thursday.

Here are mine for this week.

Bilies: Blue lilies that only grown during the first two weeks of winter. They are rare and found only in 7 spots in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Their exact locations are a highly guarded secret by the American Botanical Council of elders.

Ansfor: Slang term for "and so forth". Has become rather popular in the toddler populations of the U.S. and Canada as full sentence structure is still years away.

Noboisho: Form of Burlesque theater that was performed in Japan during the 1930's and 1940's. The women often time wore elaborate costumes and slowly stripped down to a full body suit that covered everything except the lower five inches of ankle.

Lostory: This term often refers to a tale that teaches a moral that only thieves and cutthroats could love. These stories are told from the point of view of the "lowest" in society and are structured in such a way to excuse and justify their base behavior.

Conis: This term refers to action taken by a conman to swindle a little, old lady out of her life insurance policy.

10 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Ryan, you dont give yourself enough credit! These are great!
Bilies? Oh yes... I have heard about the American Botanical Council of elders (otherwise known as the ABCE). Hard to crack those people.

And Noboisho... seriously Ryan - your imagination astounds me! I am laughing here thinking where do you come up with this stuff!

All good!

Krista said...

You are soooo good at this! I want a Bilie and Conis is too funny! Great stuff, Sir!

Ryan said...

Sheila, thanks for the ego boost. I needed it today.

Krista, thanks for saying that. I really appreciate it.

Cecelia said...

I always love these posts! You come up with hilarious and interesting and wacky ideas...a nice dose of creativity, in other words. Thanks for sharing!

Jackie said...

Great definitions, as always, Ryan! How eld do you have to be to be an elder?

Noboisho had me giggling, those risque Japanese!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Wow Ryan!!! These definitions are great! You have really out done your self this week.

I love lostory. I would love to use that word in a book. That is just an awesome definition.

I feel like mine are very weak this week, but they are up if you would like to check them out.

http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

bookmagic said...

Ha! Excellent as always! You need to write a book so I can carry it with me and laugh whenever I need to!

Ryan said...

Celia, thank you so much I try my best.

Jackie, Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry but I can't answer that question, it is something closly guarded by The Council.

Melissa, thanks for coming by I'll be checking your out in a minute.

Deb, thanks kiddo. One of these days.....

J.T. Oldfield said...

"Their exact locations are a highly guarded secret by the American Botanical Council of elders." HIlarious!

Ryan said...

J.T., thank you so much I do try my best!