I am borrowing this from Cecelia at Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia. I'm a sucker for these questions lately and can't pass up on one about movies. I'm not only a book nut but also a movie fanatic. So here it goes.
1. Name a movie that you've seen more than ten times.
Better yet I will name two. Both star Rosalind Russell my favorite actress of all time. The first is Auntie Mame. I have seen this movie at least 20 times and now that I've been thinking about it I will probably watch it again tonight from bed or tomorrow while I'm doing laundry. The second movis is The Women. Gossip, cat fights, Joan Crawford, and Rosaling Russell it can't be beat.
2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
This is embarrasing and I'm sure if I thought about this longer I would be able to give a better answer but the first movie that pops in my head is Spawn.
3. Name an actor/actress that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
I can't leave this with only one answer. Modern day it would be Taye Diggs, Cate Blanchett (loved Elizabeth, good candidate for question 1), Joan Allen, Nicole Kidman, Sarah Michelle Gellar or Diane Keaton
Old Hollywood would be Rosalind Russell, Myrna Loy, William Powell, Agnes Moorehead, Vincent Price, or Barbara Stanwyck.
4. Name an actor/actress that would make you less inclined to see a movie.
Again more than one. Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, or Ben Stiller.
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Auntie Mame. "Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death"
6. Name a movie musical that you know all the lyrics to all the songs.
7. Name a movie that you've been known to sing along with.
Mary Poppins, The Aristocats, and pretty much every Disney movie.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Gosh again, too many choices. Auntie Mame, The Women, 12 Angry Men, Up at the Villa, Halloween, The Towering Inferno, Murder on the Orient Express, and I could go on and on but will stop here.
9. Name a movie that you own.
At random I will say, 30 Days of Night.
10. Name an actor/actress that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Cher. One of the few singers that will give a great performance in a movie.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Not since I was a kid. The few movies I remember watching were Creep Show, The Sword in the Stone, Ice Pirates, Dawn of the Dead, and The Dark Crystal.
12. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Gone With the Wind
13. Ever walked out of a movie?
The Devil's Own with Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt. Should have walked out of The Ghosts of Mars, The Watcher, The Unborn, Knowing and a few more that I have blocked from my memory.
14. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Marley & Me, could not stop crying.
15. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
It's been a while but it would be a toss up between Knowing and Marley & Me.
16. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Old mysteries in black & white and horror. Though it's hard to find a good horror movie anymore. For the most part all the new ones are "torture porn".
17. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Bambi. It's also the first movie I can remember crying from.
18. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
The most recent would be Knowing with Nicolas Cage. I should add him to question 4 but I keep hoping he will surprise me.
19. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Toss up between Time Code and Memento.
20. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
It would still have to be Halloween.
21. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Gosh again hard to name just one. For different reasons I would have to say Auntie Mame, The Women, The Last Supper, Very Bad Things, and Baby Boom.
Thanks for linking to your answers! Great responses...would you believe I've never seen Auntie Mame? I'm going to see if TCM plans to show it sometime soon.
I love The Women too! The new one just DID NOT measure up. I love Joan Crawford (and Bette Davis) which is funny because they hated each other! You've never seen GWTW? OMG...did you read the book? Both are a definite "don't miss"! I LOVED The Last Supper...so twisted! My favorite movie that I've seen more than 10 times...Braveheart. I'm going to have to borrow this one too. I still want to do the other two that you posted last week! Be watching for them on my blog. Good job, BTW!
Cecelia, get to it as soon as possible. You won't be dissapointed.
Michelle, I didn't even bother to see the remake becuase I knew it would not even be able to touch the origional. When you do both the Q&A please link them back here. I would love to read them.
Post a Comment