Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is how it works.

Grab the book you are currently reading (anything at all)
Open the book to any random page.
Share 2 "teaser" sentences from anywhere on the page.
Please Make Sure They Are Not Spoilers!
(Don't Give Too Much Away) Just enough to pique our interest.
List the book and author so other participants can get their
hand on it if they choose to read it as well.

For This Week:

Finally they heaved him onto his bed and tried to make him drink water and pulled up the covers over his chest. It could have been the sheer domesticity of it - it was as if Eliot were their beloved son, whom they were lovingly tucking in for the night - or maybe it was just boredom, that powerful aphrodisiac, which had never been entirely out of sight even during the party's best moments, but if he was honest with himself Quentin had known for at least twenty minutes, even as they were wrestling Eliot down the hall, that he was going to take Janet's dress off as soon as he had half a chance.
From The Magicians by Lev Grossman

8 comments:

Ceri said...

I hadn't heard of this book but that was a really good teaser :-D

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

This sounds like a good book. I am curious to read you review on this book. I have looked at this one as well and just curious as to how the book reads. I can't wait for you review.

I just got my teaser up if you would like to stop by...

http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

What a tease! LOL! I haven't heard of this title before this so I look forward to your review as well!


Mine is up as well here

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Interesting. Teaser 55

BBAW Interview

JLS Hall (Joy's Blog) said...

I've been looking forward to this one. I read his earlier novel "Codex" a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Great teaser!

Jennifer said...

Awesome teaser! Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/footsteps-in-dark-teaser-tuesdays.html

Jackie said...

Great teaser...kind of steamy, phew. Lol

Cecelia said...

Wow. Hot. I like it - I want to know how that ends! Great teaser.