Thursday, August 6, 2009

BBAW: Getting to Know You Questions


Well since I'm brand new at this blogging gig, only been doing it for less than a month, I figured I would jump in head first and get involved with Book Blogger Appreciation Week.

The best way to learn and grow is to get involved so here I am. They posted 3 questions for those experienced paragons of all that is a book blogger and another 3 questions for those of us who are wet behind the ears and don't know quite what we are doing or getting ourselves into.

Since I most definitely fall into that second category I figured I would go ahead and answer the questions. So here are my responses to the getting to know you Q&A.

1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?

Wow, not even sure where to start. I don't have a lot of time under my belt so this may seem a silly answer to some, but the best part so far is meeting some incredible people and realizing how much is out there. I never even thought about blogging before a Barnes & Noble book club friend started one of her own ( Deb over at Bookmagic) and seemed to be having a lot of fun with it. So I figured I would dip my toes into the proverbial pool and see how warm the water was.

What I discovered was an entire community of people who love books and reading as much as I do. That no matter how different individual lives may be that this group of people come together and celebrate something that means so much to me. I have enjoyed discovering new books and topics that I may have never chanced upon and "meeting" people I never would have had an opportunity to get to know.

2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

Obviously Deb at Bookmagic because she was the inspiration behind me getting involved to begin with. I'm really scared to name anyone else because I don't want to hurt anybody feelings (not that I've been doing this long enough to really run that risk). However I think the blogger I've gleamed the most information from (without ever really bugging her with a question) and tend to find myself going back to her blog the most is Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books.

I know there are other sites I've really learned from and gotten great ideas from but I have a massive headache so my thought processes aren't exactly up to their usual high standards. So I apologize now to all you bloggers out there that I've learned from without you even knowing it, for not mentioning you by name. You are all inspirations and role model to those like me who are just starting out.

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

You know, this is probably the hardest question to answer. For I don't know what I'm missing out on. I'm not really sure what information I need that I'm missing. I guess all I can say is if anyone feels like taking the time and telling me about last year's event, I'm all ears (and eyes).

10 comments:

Krista said...

Glad you’re enjoying the Blogging community! As I have said on BandN I enjoy reading and finding New books, authors and friends as well! It really has been a wonderful experience. Maybe one day I'll start my own blog, but I'm just not sure where it would go....

Anyway, I've been enjoying your blog, so I'm glad your having fun!

Ryan said...

Krista, thanks for the comments. I would whole heartedly encourage you to start a blog. You have so much to say that is worth hearing and should be shared with others. Who cares if you don't know exactly where it will go, I'm not sure where my blog is going either but it's fun and worth the time.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ryan, you really do have a wonderful start going here. I hope you stay with it, since I like visiting here and commenting on you blogs. They really are something to think on and connect with others that love books, movies, and shows also.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

There was just so much going on. I liked the interviews. I did a podcast of my interview with Helen from Straight from Hel. Here is mine

bookmagic said...

Great post Ryan, thanks for all the kind words. I'm so glad you joined this community and of course LOVE your blog name!Your blog is great and reviews are excellent because you are such an excellent writer.That's why you are the King of Wordsmithonia!

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Hey Ryan - what a surprise I find here! :) I am glad you stop in often and I love to be of help to anyone, I am fairly new too and I have learned from others. :)

Thanks for the great comments!

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Ooh - and I just got a great word verification here... LOL

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Deb, Melissa, Sheila, Krista, and everyone else; Thank you for taking the time to read what I put out there. It means a lot to me that you even half way enjoy what I write and that you take the time to comment on it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Krista said...

Well, Ryan, I have opened my blog up for business, so I hope you stop by and enjoy!

Also, you are more than welcome I have enjoyed your blog immensely and will continue to make my way over here!