Thursday, July 19, 2012

This Year I Need To Blow Out Three Candles


When they say time flies when you are having fun, they really mean it.  I'm still a little puzzled that I've now been blogging for three years, well three years and a day.  My blogoversary was actually on the 18th, so I guess you can say I'm celebrating a belated birthday.  When I started Wordsmithonia, I never thought I'd still be doing this three years later.

I was going to sit here and wax poetic about all the wonderful people I've gotten to know over the years, but I think you guys already know how wonderful you are.  I then thought about highlighting my favorite books that I would have never read, had it not been for blogging.  I decided to pass on that because I wanted to do something that was a little more important.  All I'm going to do is say two words:

THANK YOU

Thank you, to all the bloggers out there who have welcomed me with open arms and always took the time to help me out or answer a question.  I never understood what people meant when they talked about an online community until I started this blog, you guys are the best.

Thank you, to everyone who chooses to spend even a fraction of their time reading and commenting on my posts.  I can never fully explain how grateful that I am over the fact that their are people out there who want to know what I think and are willing to take the time to find out.  I'll never in a million years have the words to explain how guys make me feel.  So thank you once again.

Thank you, to the authors, publishers, and publicists who have been willing to take a chance and allow me the honor of reading/reviewing their books.  I know it can't be easy to send a labor of love out there to be reviewed by people you have never met.  It's a trust that I take seriously and treat with respect.

I'm not sure if I'll still be blogging in another three years, but I do know that I've loved the last three years and I'm so grateful to everyone who has made it all worth it.

18 comments:

Heidenkind said...

Happy bloggiversary!

Blodeuedd said...

Happy Blogaversary :D

The Reading Frenzy said...

Wow Ryan, happy anniversary. This post made me check out my own blogging history and I've been blogging since March of 10 so I'm a little younger than you :).

Congratulations, I for one always enjoy your reviews, your thoughts and your specialty blog posts too. And of course I enjoy your camaraderie in the book clubs at B&N too.

Deb

bermudaonion said...

Happy blogiversary, Ryan! I'm glad you're part of the blog-o-sphere!

Lauren Hairston said...

Happy blogiversary! Here's to many more years! I hit five years in May but I didn't do anything about it. oops

Beth said...

Wow! Congrats! What an exciting milestone!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Happy Blogiversary, my friend! It's hard to believe it has been three years. I know I was a little under a month behind you...and I may not have ever started if it wasn't for meeting you. Thinking back to how it all started, it just amazes me what the online world can bring about. Some people don't understand, but it's true. Here's to many more blogging years in your future...and a big hug too!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Happy Blogoversary!! May the next 3 rock as hard as the first... no better... for you.

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary, Ryan!

Staci said...

You added to my blogging experience and I thank you! Love spending time reading what you think....Thanks for 3 years and here's hoping for many more!!

Happy 3 Years!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! ***Fanfare & confetti***
You've expressed very well how I feel about my past 3 blogging years. Thank you for having a great blog with such thoughtful posts.

Simcha said...

Happy Blogiversary!
It's been great getting to know you over the years and having you as a Blogging friend. I hope you have many more years of blogging and great books ahead of you!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I promise to visit more this year. :) :)

Ton S. said...

Just stumbled upon your awesome blog, will follow. Cheers!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm late to your party, but wanted to stop by and shout out my happy blogoversary! I know what you mean about the wonderful community of bloggers. I am happy that you are a part of it!

Martha Eskuchen said...

How about that - we share the same blogoversary! Happy Three years to you too! It is a grand community isn't it?

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Happy Birthday to Wordsmithonia, Happy Birthday to Wordsmithonia, Happy Birthday to you.

:D It's been quite a ride these last three years for us. So glad you are still here with me. :)

*raise glass* Here's to many many more Ryan. :)

Teddyree said...

Missed your blogoversary while we were away cruising but don't worry I had a celebratory cocktail (or two) for you. Bloggy friends are awesome and I count you as one of my faves Ryan x