Monday, August 20, 2012

Phyllis Diller, 1917-2012


As a kid, I always had Phyllis Diller and Lady Elaine Fairchilde confused in my head.  I know one is a outrageous stand up comedian and actress, the other a puppet living in The Neighborhood of Make-Believe, but they looked so much alike.  I'm not quite sure I really thought of how that would have worked, but I was convinced they were the same person.  Needless to say the both scared, and fascinated me.

So I would like to thank Phyllis Diller for the hours of fear tinged laughter that she provided for me.  She was one of a kind, and I must admit, that I'm going to miss the hell out of her.

By the way, one of my favorite Phyllis Diller moments can be found by watching this video.


3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I was so sad when I saw the news today. I have many memories of Phyllis Diller - she was classy because her humor was never mean.

Alexia561 said...

Now that you mention it, were Phyllis and Lady Fairchilde ever in the same room? Maybe they WERE the same person! ;)

Phyllis Diller was definitely one of a kind! She was never mean, but poor Fang!

Lauren Hairston said...

Based on that clip, no wonder you thought they were the same person! I went to IMDb and watched the trailer for Mad Monster Party? and now I feel like I need to watch it.