Friday, August 3, 2012

My Life In Literature Meme


I have seen this meme at two different blogs lately, and I really felt like joining in.  It's been a while since I've done one of these, though I'm going to compromise between the two posts I've seen.  Adam, at Roof Beam Reader, used books he's read over a lifetime and Bev, at My Readers Block, used books that she has read this year.  I'm going to meet them in the middle and only use books I've read since I've started blogging.


Describe myself:  The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie

How do I feel:  Dying For Mercy by Mary Jane Clark (I need relief from the heat)


Describe where I currently live:  31 Bond Street by Ellen Horan


If I could go anywhere, where I would go:  In the Woods by Tana French


My favorite form of transportation
 On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony


My best friend(s) is/are A Royal Pain by Rhys Bowen


My friends and I are:  The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones


What's the weather like:  From Hell With Love by Simon R. Green


Favorite Time of Day Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson


What is life to you A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear


You fear:  The Haunted Lady by Mary Roberts Rinehart


What is the best advice you have to give:  Bless the Child by Cathy Cash Spellman


Thought for the day:  Murder Never Takes a Holiday by Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain


How I would like to die:  Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell


My soul's present condition:  Wishin' and Hopin'  by Wally Lamb

9 comments:

Michael @ Literary Exploration said...

Great minds think alike, I did this today, but I wish I took your idea of only doing books from my blog

bermudaonion said...

This meme is always fun to read but I bet it's tough to find titles to fit each category. The two titles you chose to let us know how you feel about the heat cracked me up!

Lauren Hairston said...

I don't think I've read any of these. I guess I should get on that. Of course, I would bet I'm a much slower reader than you are! How about that heat? Sheesh. I'm hoping Paul's next job will take us to the north pole. (Or at least Europe, pretty pretty please.)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love how creative and informative this meme is! Sorry to hear that it’s still tortuously hot where you are :(

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I have A LOT of those, and I use them for my yearly wrap-up. Here is the link to my 2011 wrap-up. scroll down a bit after my stats etc, and you will them all: http://wordsandpeace.com/2011/12/30/year-of-reading-2011/

Carrie K. said...

I played along! I had to think of something else for "favorite time of day," because I wanted to use the same book as you. :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Fantastic Ryan! This was fun and I am so sorry you are battling the heat. I like hot weather... I'm crazy... I know.

Staci said...

Awesome meme and you had great book titles for it too!!!