Sunday, January 17, 2010

3 Great Awards

Once again I've been pretty lax in getting awards passed out so I thought I would take a quick second and get three of them handed out.  I think this will catch me up for the time being.  I want to thank all the fantatic bloggers out there who think of me when they do awards post, it means more to me than you will ever know.



The first award is the Super Comments Award given to me by Carol of Carol's Notebook.  She is a terrific blogger and commenter herself and I find myself visting her blog every day.  If you are unfamiliar with her, please stop by and say hi.

This is a really hard award to narrow down as I've had tons of fabulous comments and commenters recently but since it has to be done, I will be giving this award to 10 bloggers who have left me kind and heartfelt comments lately.  There are others I would give this to as well, but I've already passed this award along to them.

Alexia at Alexia's Books and Such...
Bella at A Bibliophile's Bookshelf
Zia at My Life In Not So Many Words
Michelle at red headed book child
Stephanie at LAUGHING STARS
Stephanie at Misfit Salon
Stephanie at Stephanie's Confessions of a Book-A-Holic
Staci at Life in the Thumb
Ceri at Not in the Pink



I really like the picture on this award and it's making me rather hungry for something sweet.  I was awarded this by Angel at story on a page who is a fabulous blogger and a gorgeous layout.  I'm now supposed to list 10 things that makes me happy and then pass this along to 10 other bloggers.

10 Things That Makes Me Happy

My son's laughter
The smell of popcorn
The Denver Broncos winning a game
The upcoming Winter Olympics
A good scary movie
A well done kiss
A nice glass of Merlot
Eeyore
The smell of coconut/lime verbena
Going to the fair

10 Blogs That Make Me Happy (Should be longer but can only be 10)

Melissa at My World
Deb at Bookmagic
La Cocccinelle at The Ladybug Reads
Krista at Life or Something Like It...
Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books
Celia at Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia
Carol at Carol's Notebook
Tasha at Heidenkind's Hideaway
Jennifer at Rundpinne
Susan at Well-Mannered Frivolity




I was given the Humane Award by La Coccinelle at The Ladybug Reads and I'm very honored that she thought of me for this one.  She has a fantastic blog that I encourage everyone to check out.

This award is to honor certain bloggers that are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendship through the blog world.

I would like to pass this along to these 10 bloggers

Elena at With Extra Pulp
Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity
Angel at story on the page
Michelle at The True Book Addict
Velvet at vvB32 Reads
Jaime at Revenge Of The Book Nerds
Kim at My Eclectic Reads
Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century
Peter at KyusiReader
Nikola at Nikola's Book Blog

28 comments:

Zia said...

Aww thank you so much Ryan. You put a smile on my face tonight with your kindness.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

OK LOL.... I just stopped by to say you had an award at my blog and here you are with one for me! :)

You are too sweet Ryan! I will pass this one at the end of the month recap.

Oh - and you do have an award at my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Very well deserved. :)

Alexia561 said...

Congratulations on your awards Ryan! Love that the number one thing that makes you happy is your son's laughter. And thank you so much for thinking of me! :-)

Oregon Kimm said...

Thank you so much, Ryan. That's very kind of you to give me an award. I have such a quiet blog that I sometimes think no one notices me. lol I love your blog and even if I don't pop up to say hello, just know that I'm always paying attention to your posts and tweets...well, not in a stalker-type way, but you know, a friendly way! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ryan!

And that Happy 101 award is making me hungry too :)

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Thank you Ryan!
So Sweet of you!

Heidenkind said...

Thank you, Ryan. I am proud of my new layout. It's always nice when someone notices. :)

Thanks!!! And congrats on all of your awards.

Elena said...

Thanks so much Ryan!

And congrats on winning so many awards ^_^

Teddyree said...

Congrats on your blog love and to your awardees. I loved reading the 10 things that make you happy, child's laughter, merlot and eeyore, smell of coconut ... some of my favourites there LOL

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

Congratulations on your awards-you deserve them all!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Congrats on all your awards!

I have to say ones childs laughter is very enjoyable. It makes me smile as well. I think I will have to have it on my list too. Thanks for awarding me!

Peter S. said...

Hi, Ryan! Congratulations on your awards! Truly well deserved. And thank you for passing on an award to me!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Thanks for the award :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks for passing one on to me.

Susan said...

Thanks for passing a little happiness on to me, Ryan! And congratulations on all your awards :)

Beth said...

Congrats! You totally deserve them!!

Krista said...

Congrats to you and your picks!! And thank you so much the award your blog makes me happy, too!!! :)

Ceri said...

Well-deserved, Ry. Congrats, hun! :D I'm really behind on all the awards I've recieved too :$ . Eek! We can procrastinate together.

Thank you for passing one on to me too. :) You're a sweetheart. And I'm always happy to comment one of my favourite blogs!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on these terrific and very well deserved awards. And thank you SO much for the Super Comments Award. It means a lot to know that those heartfelt comments do make a small difference, y'know? :-)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Congratulations on your awards, Ryan, and to all who earned awards from you!

What a great place is this Blogosphere!

Staci said...

Congrats on those awards Ryan!! Thanks so much for thinking of me!! I love visiting and seeing what you've been reading and what you're up to!!

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

Thanks for the lovely award :)

I can't wait for the winter olympics. It's my first year watching them when it's actually cold outside. Last time I watched them in the middle of summer, in Australia.

bookmagic said...

Ryan, thank you once again, you rock and you deserve every award!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks Ryan - you are wonderful. :)

ninefly said...

congrats on getting all three awards! =)
and thank you for the Humane award! I'll be putting it up on my blog sometime this week!

Cecelia said...

Awww! Glad to know that my blog makes you happy! Congrats on the awards - as always, they are very well deserved. Thanks for passing one on to me, too!

vvb32 reads said...

congrats!
love the sound of my daughter laughing too ;-D
thanks for sending an award my way.