Thursday, December 10, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Here is what you do. You write down all the word verifications you come across as you are commenting on other people's blogs. Then you play balderdash with them. Now for those of you who don't know how to play, you take a made up word and come up with an authentic sounding definition of it. Do this for a week and post your best ones on Thursday.

Here are mine for this week:

Monoplot: Derogatory term that refers to an author who constantly uses the same plot line in all their books. There would be a few authors mentioned in this entry but death threats have been issued by overly sensitive authors.

Crivice: Small red spiders that live in the crevice between the toes of cows. They are microscopic and generally not noticed by humans. The only time they cause an issue is when the cow steps in diesel gasoline which causes the spiders to grow to the size of golf balls.

Qoatile: Mayan god of language and writing. He is depicted as a coal black Ocelot with wings. His priests would sacrifice live chickens and goats to appeal for wisdom and enlightenment.

Chaider: Wisconsin white cheese infused with organic chai tea. It is rather delicious with apples and pears.

Xerdu: The ancient Greek city that was the sister city to Xanadu. Xerdu was destroyed after a earthquake rattled the entire Mediterranean coast and fell into the sea. Xerdu was famous for it's high culture and architectural accomplishments.

4 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Monoplot? I love it.... and I know some of those authors...LOL

crivice reminds me of why you are king of this meme.... holy smokes Ryan, the things you come up with... seriously, write your book - I will buy it! You have a fabulous imagination! :)

Now if you will excuse me.... I have a hankerin' for some chaider.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I think you may have a real word here... Monoplot. That definition really fits the word and could really work in the real world. I really like this one.

I got a chuckle over the Crivice - growing when step in diesel gasoline. lol!

You are always so good at doing this. Great words again!

Alexia561 said...

Think you may have outdone yourself this week Ryan! Monoplot is awesome! Afraid I've read a few of those...All of the words are good, but think my favorite is Chaider. Wonder if we'll see that on the shelves within the next year or two? :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, these are definitely words to "write home about"!

Monoplot...no, you said not to name names!

Love "chaider" too!

I'm falling out of my chair, laughing my head off!

Thanks!