Friday, December 18, 2009

Typically British Reading Challenge


I've been seeing a lot of challenge for the new year lately that I've found intriguing but I've been trying not to join too many of them. For some reason when I saw this one I had to do it, maybe it's the dog. I just don't know, but whatever the reason I'm on board.

Here are the details for the Typically British Reading Challenge hosted by Carolyn of Book Chick City. Here is the link to the launch post. The Timeline is Jan. 1st, 2010 to Dec. 31st, 20140. Only books started on or after Jan. 1st will count for the challenge.

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. There are four levels:
  • "Put the Kettle On" - Read 2 Typically British novels.
  • "Gordon Bennett" - Read 4 Typically British novels.
  • "Bob's Your Uncle" - Read 6 Typically British novels.
  • "Cream Crackered" - Read 8 Typically British novels.

3. Any book format counts.

4. You don't have to select the books ahead of time, you can just add things as you go. Also if you do a list upfront they you can change them, nothing is set in stone!

5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges.

6. If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the link provided with the button and post on your sidebar, this way others can find there way back to the post and join in the fun. Also post your joining post back to the original post.

7. There will be a place to post your reviews though that will be optional.

8. Only British authors count.

I don't know what "Cream Crackered" means but I'm going for it anyway. I already have about 4 books already set in my head but I have no doubt that I will be able to get 4 more lined up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the challenge. I love the button.

I have an award for you, if you have a chance to stop by.

http://carolsnotebook.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/award/

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

Good luck with this one Ryan. There are some amazing british authors out there, so I can't wait to see what books you're reading for this challenge.

Peter S. said...

Hi, Ryan! I'm a closeted Anglophile so this challenge is perfect for me! Thanks for the heads up!

Unknown said...

Hi Ryan, so glad you signed up for the Typically British challenge. Looking forward to see what books you choose. Also 'Creamed Crackered' is cockney slang for knackered, which means tired :D I hope you have fun with the challenge :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Hey Ryan I bet you will breeze right through the challenges. You always seem to read a variety of books with ease. Enjoy it!

I also wanted to let you know I have an award for you...
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I'm probably going to do this one too! You are going to be SHOCKED when you see all the challenges I'm joining next year...I'm crazy, I know, but I just can't help it!

bookmagic said...

I hadn't seen this challenge yet. I love British authors so I may join yet another challenge!

bookmagic said...

You might want to check your timeline. That's along challenge- thru 20140. Will you still be alive, lol?

Ceri said...

This sounds interesting. As a Brit, I probably get through more British authors than American in a year. I always worry about what other people think are 'typically British' hehe.