Monday, December 14, 2009

Mailbox Monday for 12/14/2009



Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page




Hell's Bells by Paul Magrs is a book I won from Carolyn at Book Chick City.


I bought The Fireside Book of Christmas Stories edited by Edward Wagenknecht from the Friends of the Library Bookstore for $1.00. It's the original hardback from 1945 in great condition.



OwlKnight by Mercedes Lackey was another book from the used bookstore I bought in hardcover for $2.00. I already own it in paperback but figured why not own it in a perfect hardcover.



The last book is another find from the used bookstore. I bought Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May for $.25. This is the second printing of the book from 1967 for Montgomery Wards. I've already skimmed through it and the poem is a lot longer and fleshed out than the song.

7 comments:

Zia said...

The Christmas Story book looks wonderful! Have a great reading week!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Great mailbox! Christmas books...me luurves! You're not going to believe the kick a** haul I had at the used book sale on Saturday. I'll be posting my mailbox later, of course!

I will get your book in the mail in the next couple of days...I'm so excited that you were the winner!

Today I'm celebrating because my semester is officially over and I don't have to go back until January 14th...WOOT! How are you doing today?

Unknown said...

What super finds at the bookstore! I'd love a book of Christmas stories to have out and share with the family. Maybe read a story each night.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a great selection! You'll have no trouble getting even more into the Christmas spirit with these!

My MM is here: http://laurelrainsnowcreations.blogspot.com/2009/12/mailbox-monday_14.html

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you enjoy Hell's Belles. I loved it! It's very British so have that in mind when you read it. Would love to hear your thoughts, so I hope you write a review. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like some great books. Enjoy!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Awww, Rudolph. Enjoy your books this week!