Sunday, December 20, 2009

Award Time X 3

I decided to post these three awards together since they all ask the recipient to convey large amounts of information about ourselves, so this way all the wonderful tidbits can be found together. I want to apologize to those who have given these awards to me since I'm been so slow in getting them passed along. You guys are wonderful and your kindness means so much to me.



Carol from Carol's Notebook passed this on to me and I am so excited by it. I think the award itself is wonderful to look at and it's nice to know that my blog is enjoyed by others. Her blog is fantastic and I encourage everyone to go visit and say hi.

Now the rule for this one is to pass it on to 7 other bloggers and tell everyone 7 things about yourself.

I would like to pass this along to the following blogs:
  • Laurel at Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow. She always has a kind word for her fellow bloggers and has a brilliant writing voice.
  • Ceri at Not in the Pink. Hilarious blogger who puts me in a better mood just by visiting her blog.
  • Michelle at The Christmas Spirit. Michelle was already a brilliant blogger but by starting a blog that is about Christmas all year round, she cemented herself in my pantheon of brilliant bloggers.
  • Stephanie at Misfit Salon. If you have not checked this blog out you have to do so right away. Stupendous doesn't even begin to describe this fantastic place to visit.
  • Nely at All About {n}. Great blogger who happens to be hosting a great holiday reading challenge that I'm enjoying quite a bit.
  • Tasha at Heidenkind's Hideaway. A lovely blogger who brings an interesting perspective that I normally would not think of on my own.
  • Jaime at Revenge of the Book Nerds! Jaime has been one of the nicest bloggers I've met since starting my own blog and I appreciate her kindness more than I can say.

Now for 7 things about myself, though trying to say 7 things that I haven't mentioned before may be a little hard.

  1. From the Summer after my 5th grade till high school we traveled with a carnival so I would go to a different school about every two weeks depending on what town we were in. We did Winter in one location though, either San Marcos, TX or Skiatook, OK.
  2. Taking custody of my nephew was the best decision I have ever made in my life.
  3. Becoming an Oceanographer was one of my dream jobs as a kid.
  4. My guilty pleasure TV show was and is still, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer.
  5. Sweet potato and butterscotch cream pies are my two favorite sweets during the holidays.
  6. I'm in love with ferns for some reason. I can never have enough of them around the house.
  7. I want to retire back to MN.



This was another award I received from the wonderful Carol at Carol's Notebook. This award is such a compliment, who doesn't want to be Over the Top?

The rules are pretty simple. Answer the following questions with Single Word answers then pass this along to 5 other bloggers. Make sure you let them know about it though.

  • Your Cell Phone? Gone
  • Your Hair? Short
  • Your Mother? Biker
  • Your Father? Passed
  • Your Favorite Food? Seafood
  • Your Dream Last Night? Odd
  • Your Favorite Drink? Tea
  • Your Dream/Goal? Published
  • What Room Are You In? TV
  • Your Hobby? Reading
  • Your Fear? Clowns
  • Where Do You Want To Be In Six Years? Italy
  • Where Were You Last Night? Work
  • Something That You Aren't? Bored
  • Muffins? Cranberry
  • Wish List Item? Massage
  • Where Did You Grow Up? Everywhere
  • Last Thing You Did? Ate
  • What Are You Wearing? Shirt
  • Your TV? On
  • Your Pets? None
  • Friends? Fun
  • Your Life? Comfortable
  • Your Mood? Tired
  • Missing Someone? Yes
  • Vehicle? Gallant
  • Something You Aren't Wearing? Shoes
  • Your Favorite Store? B&N
  • Your Favorite Color? Blue
  • When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Earlier
  • Last Time You Cried? Movie
  • Your Best Friend? Frankie
  • One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Work
  • Facebook? No
  • Favorite Place To Eat? Home

I'm going to pass this on to the following blogs:

  • Melissa at My World. One of my favorite bloggers and B&N friend in the world.
  • Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books. Kind hearted blogger who has shown me nothing but kindness.
  • Deb at BookMagic. She is the whole reason I started blogging to begin with and is a fantastic example to follow.
  • Zia at My Life In Not So Many Words. Great blog and twitter friend who always has something wonderful to say.
  • Tracy at The True Book Addict's Sister. A new blogger on the block who has a unique voice that always keeps my interest.



This award I got from two great bloggers and they are both deserving of all the respect and thanks I can give them. Sheila of One Persons Journey Through a World of Books and Melissa of My World both gave this really tough looking award.

Here are the rules for this award. You must name 10 true and honest things about yourself then pass this along to 7 other bloggers.

  1. Another dream occupation I briefly considered as a kid was working as a chef.
  2. I was in love with all things dinosaur as a kid and could never get enough of them. Toys, sheets, books, puzzles, models, and the list goes on. You name it, I wanted it.
  3. I still love cheesy bands from the 80s; Journey, Foreigner, Chicago, and Boston to name just a few.
  4. The older you get the less patience I have for you. I've been thinking about going back to school to teach and when I first started thinking about it, I wanted to teach HS English. Then I realized the first time that one kid asks me the same question more than twice I would probably be called to the Principal's office. So now I'm thinking about 1st or 2nd grade since I have infinite patience with younger kids.
  5. I love the sight of a Christmas tree lit up in a dark room. There is something so peaceful about it.
  6. I want to take a year and visit the Philippines, Bangladesh, Thailand, and Vietnam. Whether it will ever happen or not is another matter.
  7. I love snow. I could never get enough of it and the sight of a snow covered forest makes me smile like nothing else.
  8. My favorite bird is the common loon.
  9. Pepperoni, black olives, and cheese on a thin crust is the best pizza in the world.
  10. I like to put a little bit of barbecue sauce in my mustard potato salad.

I will be passing this along to the following blogs:

  • Bella at A Bibliophile's Bookshelf. Her blog never bores me and I add to my reading list every time I visit.
  • Alexia at Alexia's Books and Such. Fantastic blogger who never fails to entertain and has a killer Balderdash talent going on.
  • Elena at With Extra Pulp. Concise and articulate writer who gives you her honest review and does it in a way that entertains and informs.
  • Jennifer at Rundpinne. Her Christmas decorating talents are awe inspiring enough but she tops herself everyday with every post she does on her terrific blog.
  • Carol at Carol's Notebook. The love she has for her family shines threw on her blog and is one of the many reasons I keep going back to read what she has to say on books, games, and Amber's Art work.
  • Peter at KyusiReader. Another blogger who never fails to add books to my reading list. His Bookshelf feature never fails to entertain and make me green with envy.
  • Nikola at Nikola's Book Blog. Great blogger who has a very eclectic taste in books and has a unique perspective on them.

16 comments:

Heidenkind said...

Congratulations on your awards, Ryan! And thank you so much for thinking of me to pass an award on to. :)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Congrats on receiving these great awards! And thank you for the sweet things you said about me AND for giving an award to my sis.

This is the second award I've received for The Christmas Spirit and I've got some awards for my main blog...I'm so behind! Guess that's the holiday season for you =oP

I'm watching Christmas in Connecticut right now! Also, I mailed out Arch Enemy on Saturday...enjoy!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Wow Ryan - great awards! How fun! Thanks you for the over the top award! I will pass it on soon. I am thinking I will pass awards on monthly, like during the last few days of the month.

Great answers toy our questions- I like knowing a bit more about you! :)

Nely said...

Thanks so much for my award Ryan. These are some great one's and very well-deserved. I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge - I am too! HaHa.

♥Nely

Zia said...

Congrats on your awards and thank you for mine! I look forward to attempting the one word set of questions.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks. I enjoyed reading your answers and love visiting other blogs you mention.

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

Awards tend to come in waves, don't they? Congratulations on getting them-you are totally deserving of them!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ryan these are great! It sounds cool to have traveled so much. I'm sure you thought it was hard but it sounds great to see so much. I am SURE you nephew feels the same way - best thing you have done.

I was a little surprised to see that your dream job as a kid was an Oceanographer. I really really wanted to be one when I graduated from high school, but couldn't get to college where I needed to be for it. I would have loved to have been an Oceanographer, I even still wish from time to time I could have. But good with life the way it is now.

Thanks for the award I will have to get to posting it.

Anonymous said...

Ryan, wow! Look at all your awards!

Thank you so much for the lovely things you said about my blog. And just this morning, I finally got the Google Alert for you mentioning Misfit Salon in the B&N forum. What a great start to my Monday!

I hope you get to visit the Philippines too. Great natural beauty to behold there ~

Alexia561 said...

Congratulations on all of your awards Ryan! Loved your answers to all of the questions! What an exciting, interesting way to grow up - by traveling with a carnival. Very cool!

Thank you so much for passing along the Honest Scrap award to me. And thank you for the kind words about my blog! :)

Happy Christmas!

bookmagic said...

Thank you Ryan- you deserve all your awards!

Simcha said...

Congratulations on your awards! I enjoyed learning more about you through the interesting facts that you listed. I always though I moved a lot, but you certainly beat me!
What was your family's involvement with the carnival?

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

Thankyou! Congrats to you Ryan and all the other awardees!!

Cecelia said...

Congrats on those awards - and I loved the memes that went with them. Good stuff!

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

Congratulations on the awards, as always very well deserved!

Thank you for passing an award on to me. I certainly appreciate your kind words!! Made my day! Seriously it did. I just love visiting your blog, so many great posts and by such a great person!

Merry Christmas!

Ceri said...

I literally "hee hee"d out loud at your description of me. And now I'm blushing. Haha, I'm such a nerd.

Thank you, hunni. And congrats on the awards yourself. :D You deserve every one you get.