Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Favorite Fictional Character --- Miss Piggy


I don't know what I was thinking last week when I posted about Mr. Moose from Captain Kangaroo.  For some reason I thought that was going to be my last FFC post of the month, so I wouldn't be able to get to my favorite Muppet of them all.  Luckily, I was wrong and we had five Wednesdays in March.  So today I'm going to give you the greatest diva of them all, Miss Piggy.


Born to a philandering father and an over stressed mother, Miss Piggy left her home over Becker's Butcher Shop as soon as she could.  Escaping to the big city our young heroine wasn't sure what she could do to maker her way.  In a bid of desperation she took a job walking a sandwich board for a barbecue dive.  After too much time spent doing a dead end job, our heroine who knew she was destined for stardom, took the name Laverne, and entered a beauty pageant.  Winning that pageant was the break she needed.  She went on to star in a bacon commercial, then as a mascot for a local TV sportscast called Pigskin Parade.

From there she went on to have a bit part in The Muppet Show chorus but her talents were not to be denied.  Her charisma and star power oozed out of her pores so much that Kermit the Frog quickly realized what a star he had on his hands.  She has more talent in her little snout that most poor fools have in their entire bodies.  She can sing, dance, act, and do a mean karate chop when someone pisses her off. 

There is nothing she can't do and her career has only gotten bigger as she has graciously aged.  She's done magazine covers, documentaries, sang with Dolly Parton, and has even done a workout video.  I have a feeling Miss Piggy will be around tormenting Kermit long after the rest of us have faded into memory.

6 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Yes, Miss Piggy must be recognized! Can you imagine how mad she would have been if she found out you ignored her...LOL! She is so funny and that ego of hers. Poor Kermit and lucky Kermit at the same time. Mwah! ;O)

Simcha said...

Wow, I didn't know all that about Miss Piggy. I've actually never really watched the Muppets but my husband is always going on about what a wonderful show it is and after reading all your posts about the characters I'm tempted to look up some of the episodes.

bermudaonion said...

Miss Piggy is the best!!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites! Okay, I love the whole Muppet cast.

Staci said...

The Muppet Show was huge in my house when growing up. We all loved her!

Kaye said...

OMG! We lurvvvvee Miss Piggy in our house - so much that TBG has a t-shirt of Miss Piggs called Pigtoria's Secret and it shows Miss P in a lace teddy (tastefully done of course) and her pearls. we even have a Christmas ornament of her. Great choice, Ryan!!