Friday, March 5, 2010

Book Questionnaire

I saw this over at Alexia's Books and Such... and since I haven't  done one of these in a long time, I figurered I would give it a go.

Rules of this survey - no two answers can be the same book and all books must be fiction.


Book next to your bed right now:  The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

Favorite series:  The Valdemar books by Mercedes Lackey

Favorite book:  And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island:  Atlas, Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  As long as it is, I would be busy for long periods of time.

Book/series you would take with you on a long flight:  The Harry Potter series by J K Rowling

Worst book you were made to read in school:  Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank.  I don't think this is a bad book though, actually I really enjoyed it.  I had to put something down though.

Book that everyone should be made to read in school:   The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson

Book that everyone should read, period:  Pandemonium by Daryl Gregory

Favorite character:  Vanyel Ashkevron

Best villain:  Dracula

Favorite concept series:  The Dune series by Frank Herbert

Favorite invented world:  The world invented for The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Most beautifully written book:   The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Funniest book: The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy by Tim Burton

13 comments:

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

My two favorite authors get a mention (Christie & Herbert)! What a great questionnaire. I'm one of the few people that hasn't read The Road, but keep meaning to.

Alexia561 said...

Great answers Ryan! Forgot about Dracula, but he's a great villian. Sadly, I've never read either Dune or The Wheel of Time series. Need to read The Road, as I've heard so many good things about it.

Anonymous said...

Great answers. Some of the questions are really tough. (I haven't read The Road either.)

Anonymous said...

The book I'd like to read while stranded on a desert island is a toughie to pick, isn't it? It will have to be something long and that'll yield something new every time you re-read it. Atlas, Shrugged could be a good choice.

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

Those were great answers! Sadly, I haven't read most of the books on your list.

Heidenkind said...

I thought this looked fun, so I did it:

http://heidenkind.blogspot.com/2010/03/deep-bookish-q.html

Ceri said...

Ooh, I like this. And I like your answers. I might do this. :D

I've yet to read anything by Ayn Rand but it's on my to do list.

Simcha said...

What a fun questionnaire! I almost bought a second hand copy of The Road, the other day, but didn't end up doing so. Now I'm considering going to back to get it.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

This is fun! I love your answers and see that you, Alexia and I all would be having Harry Potter with us :)

Staci said...

I so loved the world that Jordan created, that's probably why I will always love fantasy books because of the depth of the worlds. I agree with you on the beautifully written book...some people won't read it because they feel it will be so stark but there is so much more to it!

Rabid Fox said...

Pandemonium by Daryl Gregory: Never heard of it, but I guess I'll just have to put it on the ol' wish list.

I blogged my own answers to this meme too.

Cecelia said...

Ah! I haven't done one of these in a long time either! I shall have to hop on the train. Great answers!

Emily H. said...

Hello...I'm blogsurfing today and just want to say Yay for putting Dune on your list. "My skin is not my own!" Great collection of books.