Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Favorite Fictional Character --- Cade Foster


I was going to do a final All My Children post, but once I sat down to do it, I cam up with a complete blank.  Not because I don't have any ideas, but because I have too many of them.  There are just so many characters that I love, that I could never choose one.  I thought about doing groups, but that was even worse.  So I scrapped the idea all together, but I will miss them all.  Instead I'm going to go with one of my favorite SciFi characters, and one of the hottest.  So with no further ado, I present Cade Foster of the show First Wave.


When Cade first appears on the scene he is a reformed thief who has been trying to get his life back together.  His new life comes to a screeching halt when he is unknowingly picked to be part of an alien experiment.  The Gua have been on Earth for years, experimenting on humans to see what it takes to make us break.  They kill his wife and set him up for the murder.  What they thought would be a study of human frailty under extreme conditions, created their downfall.

Once Cade learns of the plot he sets out to destroy them.  He is helped by a crazy hacker, a rebel leader (played by Traci Lords), and one of the Gua, who has become disillusioned with the cause.  The cool twist on what could have been a normal everyday SciFi show, was the use of the Nostradamus prophecies.  All of the experiments were predicted by the soothsayer.  It's an interesting structure that allows Cade and his friends to figure out what the Gua are intent on.

I love Cade because he takes what could have destroyed another man and turns it around.  At first it's simply for vengeance, he wants them to pay for what they did to his wife.  After a while though, it's because he cares about what happens to the planet and the billions of people living on it.  He slowly changes from the wrathful man into someone that most of us would look up to and follow.  He's the hero we all hope we could be if we found ourselves in the same situation.  Now if I can just make sure he's around when the real aliens decide to invade.

4 comments:

Yvette said...

When and if this show comes to Netflix streaming, I'll have to watch it, Ryan.

You've made it sound like something I'd enjoy.

P.S. I've done away with cable, so I have to be patient until the shows are available online.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Hey, I have not seen this one. It sounds like a great show though. ANd a wonderful character. :) Thanks for sharing this one.

Simcha said...

I've never heard of this show before but Cade sounds like an intriguing character and now I definitely want to find out more.

Anonymous said...

Another one I've never seen, but Cade does sound like a memorable character.