Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mailbox Monday for 5/3/10


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page







Our library had their annual sale so I stopped in the other day before I went to work and bought a few books.  The hardcovers were $1 and the paperbacks were $.50.  I haven't been reading plays lately so I bought two in hardcover, Veronica's Room and Death Trap both by Ira Levin.  I also picked up Belgarath The Sorcerer by David and Leigh Eddings in hardcover, a really old copy of Walden and "Civil Disobedieance " by Henry David Thoreau in paperback, Great Tales And Poems of Edgar Allan Poe in paperback, and a bookclub hardcover of Family Album by Danielle Steel, don't ask.





On a trip to Barnes & Noble to exchange some books I didn't want, I picked up a harcover of The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry off the bargain table, a paperback of The Mysterious Mr. Quin by Agatha Chrisite, a trade paperback of Daywatch by Sergei Lukyanenko, and the DVD of Let The Right One In.

16 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Awesome mailbox Ryan! :) You will have one more to add for next week! Titanic 2012 is going int he mail tomorrow for you and I cant wait to see what you think if it!

Zia said...

The Lace Reader, Daywatch, and Let the Right One In look great. I loved the movie based on Let the Right One In.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I love Ira Levin's work...and Death Trap I haven't read, but saw that movie with Christopher Reeve a few years ago.

Enjoy your books.

My MM:

http://laurelrainsnowcreations.blogspot.com/2010/05/mailbox-monday.html

pussreboots said...

I like Ira Levin's books. Those two titles I haven't read yet. I will have to seek out copies. PussReboots.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

You got some great books here! I have The Lace Reader...planning on getting to it some time this year. I think I read Daywatch (I know I read Nightwatch), but I think the cover was different. I'm going to have to look into that. Nightwatch was really good...did you read it? I liked the movies too. Of course, I loved Let the Right One In. The book was my favorite read from 2009. Have you read it? If not, you really must!

I'm doing a double MM today since I missed last week because of my illness...ugh! I picked up two A. Christie novel anthologies. I'm pretty excited about that!

Happy Monday! =O)

bermudaonion said...

You had a great week! I'll be interested to see if the Ira Levin titles are as scary as Rosemary's Baby. Enjoy!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Nice mailbox. I'll be watching for your thoughts on The Lace Reader. Enjoy all your new reads!

Alayne said...

Ooh I like the Poe book and the Agatha Christi one too. Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Serena said...

Poe is one of my favorites and the lace reader was great. I haven't read my copy of Walden in ages....

Happy reading and enjoy your books

Suko said...

I wouldn't mind finding works of Thoreau and Poe in my mailbox.

Here's mine: http://suko95.blogspot.com/2010/05/just-another-mailbox-monday.html

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Library book sales are my favorite thing!

I liked the movie of Death Trap. I wonder what it would be like to read the play.

<a href="http://www.rosecityreader.com/2010/05/mailbox-monday.html>Here is my MM list on Rose City Reader</a>.

Staci said...

You brought home quite an assortment...library sales are so much fun!!!!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Some great books! And so many. I am always impressed with you catches on mondays. I have to say I am taking your led and following. :) I started to check out the sale shelves and the one book I got was a hard back for 1.99 - Seeker. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a great selection of books. Enjoy!

La Coccinelle said...

I'm kinda jealous of your mailbox...

I've got something for you here:

http://theladybugreads.blogspot.com/2010/05/oh-my-blog.html

vvb32 reads said...

ooo, let the right one in, both dvd and book, i hear are good ones!