Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mailbox Monday for 9/26/11


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books and is being hosted all this month by Leah at Amused By Books.


I receive a trade paperback of Deary Bully edited by Megan Kelley Hall and Carrie Jones for review from PTA.



I received hardcovers of Motor City Shakedown by D.E. Johnson and Instant City by Steve Inskeep for upcoming TLC Book Tours.


I won a hardcover of Creep by Jennifer Hillier from Michelle of red headed book child.


I won a trade paperback of The Ghost of Greenwich Village by Lorna Graham from Tasha of Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books.



I had a wonderful surprise of two paperbacks show up at my house from the lovely Becke of The Mysterious Garden Muse.  She is also the moderator of a few book clubs on the Barnes & Noble site, including the Mystery one.  She sent me The Floating Admiral by Agatha Christie, Dorothy L. Sayers, G.K. Chesterton and certain other members of the Detection Club.  I also got Unfinished Portrait which Agatha Christie wrote under the name of Mary Westmacott.

21 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Don't you just love surprise books? I hope you enjoy all your new books.

bermudaonion said...

What a great week! A couple of wins and some surprises! I hope Dear Bully is as good as it sounds.

Alexia561 said...

Surprise books in the mailbox are the best! Congrats on the contest wins as well. Enjoy!

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful mailbox. I like the look of those. Have a great reading week.

Come look at my haul this week!!

Here is my post!

Mystica said...

Surprise books - how nice for you!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I've never heard of these.


Here is mine

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Dear Bully looks interesting and The Ghost Of Greenwhich Village. Have a super reading week Ryan!

Teddyree said...

Wow what an awesome mailbox, should keep you busy for a while. Dear Bully caught my eye and I like the cover of Creep. (I'll have to check it out on Goodreads)
Happy reading :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I wouldn't know where to start with these great books. I hope they are all as good as they seem.

Kaye said...

Woot! Great books in your mailbox, Ryan. Becke is fantastic, isn't she?? I so need to get back to her mystery club on B&N. Enjoy those new Christies!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

It's always nice to get surprises in the mailbox. I miss the B&N forums. I never seem to have time to check them out anymore.

Anonymous said...

A great mailbox for you.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/mailbox-monday.html

Vicki said...

I'll have to check them out and see which ones I want to add to my WL. By the covers, they all look good. I used to read Agatha Christie but haven't for years.
Here's Mine

Anonymous said...

What a great list. Enjoy!

Jill Buck said...

I can't wait to see what you think of Creep.

Blodeuedd said...

Enjoy your new books :D
Who doesn't love new books ;)

Yvette said...

Wow. You must look so forward to every Monday, Ryan. Books, books and more books seem to find their way to your mailbox. :)

I only received one, but mine came all the way from Australia. THE GILDED CAGE by Marshall Browne. So I'm counting that as three books. Ha!

Aisle B said...

Creep.... now that's something I need to discover. Great new books enjoy :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Those are some books. :) And I love the Agatha Christie books you got. They look like classics. :) Hope you enjoy all your reads this week, and have a wonderful week. :)

Staci said...

I'm pretty much in love with all of your books!

Zia said...

Love the cover to Dear Bully. Looks interesting. I also have Creep in my TBR pile. Happy reading!