Saturday, November 10, 2012

Word Verification.... Sorry But I Have To



I didn't want to do this.  I've held out putting it back on for a while now, but I can't handle the spam anymore.  It's gotten to the point that I'm receiving almost three hundred spam messages a day.  I've tried to be patient with it, but it's taking too much time to delete them from my email and from the spam filter on the blog.  I'm hoping if I use the word verification for a few months, that the spammers will give up and I can go back to not using it.  I know it's a hassle, especially now that they have added the number, but I hope you guys are patient with me.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

My spam has really picked up lately but not as much as yours evidently. Hope this works for you!

Nan said...

I just did the very same thing last night. I couldn't take the spam anymore. It was taking way too long to delete it all.

Staci said...

Instead of turning on word verification, I enabled the ability to approve the comments to be published first. In doing that it takes all of the anonymous posts and automatically puts it into a spam comment where once a week I just click twice and delete them forever. My spam count has risen here lately too...it's such a pain in the ass isn't it??

Blodeuedd said...

I hate word ver but 300 a day!!!!??? I get like one a month. I do thank no anonm comments for that

Alexia561 said...

Whoa, that's crazy! Fingers crossed the spammers don't find me next! :)

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I've been getting stuff with your blog name on it from some reason. I just delete them. It's weird! I might have to do the same.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

There is word verification...and then there is word verification that makes me go blind! Hopefully yours is something I can live with...lol

Martha Eskuchen said...

I've noticed more "anonymous" spam comments too - about a dozen a week. I have my comments on moderation like Staci. It is annoying though.

The Relentless Reader said...

My spam comments have gone up lately too..ugh, why??

Angela's Anxious Life said...

humm... i never get spam. of course now I say that and I will start getting some. I should be back to blogging soon. Have a family emergency going on!