Well it's that time of year again. The weather is getting cooler, the Christmas decorations have been up in the mall for weeks now, and I've been listening to Christmas music for about as long. Christmas is made even better by the wonderful books I get to read. Whether the book is about the meaning of Christmas, the retelling of a favorite Christmas tale, or even peppered with the occasional yuletide murder, I like nothing more to curl up on the couch, sip some hot chocolate, and delve into the pages. Of course if it's snowing outside, all the better.
My fabulous friend, Michelle of the True Book Addict, has had a Christmas Blog, The Christmas Spirit, for years now. For the last few years, she has hosted a Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge, that I look forward to every year. Needless to say, I'm on board once again. I'm going to be signing up for the Mistletoe Level and since Christmas would not be Christmas without the wonderful movies, I'll be doing Fa La La La Films as well. So I will let Michelle tell you all about it.
It's the fourth year of theChristmas Spirit Reading Challenge! Like last year, there are multiple levels for participation, like children's books and watching Christmas movies. So, something for everyone!
Now, on to the details and sign up:
Now, on to the details and sign up:
- challenge will run from Monday, November 19, 2012 through Sunday, January 6, 2013 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
- cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
- visit this POST for a list of new Christmas books for 2012. There are a lot of good ones coming out this year, including the new Richard Paul Evans novel, A Winter Dream (I just got it yesterday!).
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
- the most important rule? Have fun!!!
- I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts. You will find it at the top of the left sidebar.
- Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list...you can change up your list during the challenge...I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read).
One final note: I am going to do a giveaway of a mystery box of Christmas books to participants in the U.S. (At the moment, I'm not sure on an International prize because of finances, but if I find that I can afford it, I will pick an International winner and they can choose a Christmas book (under $10 or three bargain books for $10, if they're running the promo at the time) from Better World Books. Giveaway will end at the end of the challenge.
This is the perfect challenge for you!
Sounds like a great challenge for you! Have fun!
I'm so glad you're joining me again! I really never had a doubt. ;O) Can't wait to see what you read.
I wanted to tell you, I'm signing up for the Vintage Mysteries challenge next year so I can finally get some of those Roberts Rinehart books read! I had no idea that she was considered the American Agatha Christie. I was reading more about her on Goodreads. =O)
Post a Comment