Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly even hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Here is how it works.
Grab the book you are currently reading (anything at all)
Open the book to any random page.
Share 2 "teaser" sentences from anywhere on the page.
Please Make Sure They Are Not Spoilers! (Don't Give Too Much Away)
Just enough to pique our interest.
List the book and author so other participants can get their hand on it
if they choose to read it as well.
For this week:
Cautiously they moved along the rear of the building. Walls and fences hemmed them in on all sides and barrels of trash cluttered the path forward.
from The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks

3 comments:

JLS Hall (Joy's Blog) said...

Walls and fences and barrels of trash? Sounds like they're in Washington DC! Nice teaser.

Cecelia said...

I second JLS Hall, though the trash could be anywhere (in my case, Atlanta!). Great teaser!

Check out mine here.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great pick for the teaser this week. Since, I am currently reading The Sword of Shannara and will be getting into The Elfstones when done with SOS, I find this quote interesting. I can't wait to move on to this book.

I have a teaser I would like to add. I hope it is okay. I just finished this book but loved it.
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
"Take me as an example," Lightsong said. "I'm a useless fool. I always have been, as long as I can remember-which actually isn't all that long. Anyway, I know how people regard me. I enhance it. Play with it."