Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Favorite Fictional Character --- Kermit the Frog


It was pretty cool on Sunday and Monday, needless to say, I loved it.  I love cooler temps and shorter days.  When I get to leave work, and it's already dark out, I'm in love.  I know most of you don't feel that way, and I'm okay with being the odd man out.  There is just something about the fall and winter that I love more than spring and summer.  For those of you who know what I'm talking about, thank you.  To those of you who don't get it, I'll leave the warmer part of the year to you.  It also means Thanksgiving is almost here, only 8 more days to go, if you don't count today that is.  Which means it's almost time for the parade.  Until then, I'll bring up one of my other favorite character balloons, Kermit the Frog.


Growing up in a swamp with 3,265 brothers and sisters would be hard on anyone.  He would be struggling to make a name for yourself or even to figure out what your role would be.  So when Kermit was 12, he packed up and headed out into the world.  On his his journey he ran into a young boy, Jim Henson, and became one of the first frogs to talk with a human.  Neither one of them though, understand the role they would play in each other's lives later on down the road.

When the wanderlust finally abated a bit, Kermit returned to the swamp and his to his duties for the family.  It wasn't long after though when a traveling talent agent happened to stop by the swamp.  He was impressed by Kermit's talents, and it wasn't long before Kermit was on his way to Hollywood.  Once there, he and some of the other Muppets, were signed by a studio, and the rest is show biz history.

In his career, Kermit has been everything from a reporter for Sesame Street News, ran his own theater company, and even starred in a few movies.  He and his friends have become iconic legends in many circles, and he is always in demand wherever he goes.  Now most of the time, he will accompanied by his "girlfriend" Miss Piggy, or in the company of his best friend, Fozzie Bear.  Either way, if you run into him on the street, shake his hand, and thank him for the years of entertainment he has brought to us all.  One word of caution though, if it's Miss Piggy with him, make sure you compliment her first.

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Kermit is a favorite of mine too!

Staci said...

Kermit will forever be an important part of my childhood!! Lovely post!

Bev Hankins said...

Fall is also my favorite! I love the cooler weather and the changing colors. I'll take that any day over spring or summer.

I really fell in love with Kermit on the Muppet Show. I loved watching that in the afternoons after school.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Kermit and Miss Piggy are my fav twosome:)

Loni said...

Kermit is awesome! Thanks for reminding us of him.

Ellie said...

I adore the Kermie parade!

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

I've been so far away from the blogging world but have definitely missed your Favorite Fictional Character posts!

Love Kermit! I love the whole Kermit & Miss Piggy Soap Opera!

BTW, I have just learned of this group hosted by Pocket Books that you might be interested in, http://pocketafterdark.com Lots of fantasy, urban fantasy, some romance, etc. Pocket has some pretty good stuff!

Thanks for stopping by to say hello!