Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Favorite Fictional Character --- Sniffles


This weeks choice was a little harder for me to decide upon.  I wanted to do a mouse this week and the Looney Toons have two of them that I adore with all my heart and soul.  I didn't want to do two of them this month, so I flipped a quarter and the cuter of the two won.  So with no further ado I present you with one of the cutest characters to ever grace my television screen, Sniffles.


Now I know that Sniffles never became a huge star in the Merrie Melodies/Looney Toons pantheon, but he is one of my favorites of all time.  There was just something so refreshingly naive about him that I took to him like a cat with a saucer of milk.  I think if you were to use one word to describe our young hero it would be adorable.  Cute, sweet, precious, precocious, innocent, and huggable would also be appropriate words to use.

I have seen quite a few of his cartoons, though I'm pretty sure not all of them, but I think my favorites would be the ones he hung out with the bookworm.  Their adventures, whether with characters from books or trying to steal an owl egg, were some of my favorites.  They were two friends that I wanted to hang out with myself as a kid.  I wanted to get lost in a world where anything could happen and adventures where just around the corner.  Now I know his naive way of thinking got Sniffles into trouble more often than not, but he always managed to find a way out of his current predicament.

Now I know some of you might be thinking that Sniffles is a bit annoying, and I can understand where you may be coming from with that.  Towards the end of his cartoon run, they turned him into a regular old chatterbox who couldn't shut up to save his life.  He talked at such a rapid rate, for so long that even the most kind hearted fan could have been a little miffed with him.  I, however, do not have a fickle heart when it comes to Sniffles.  I actually found his chattering made him, it at all possible, even more endearing.  Though I know that alien in the Space Jams movie did not think so when he squished the poor little guy.  I would take Sniffles, even with his later motor mouth, over the crass and crude cartoons that grace TV today.


6 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

At the moment I have no idea who he is o_O

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

It's been AGES since I'd seen this one, and didn't watch it much then. Very nice pick.

Anonymous said...

You've finally found a character I've never encountered - but what a cute name!

Alexia561 said...

I loved Looney Tunes cartoons, but don't think I ever saw Sniffles before. Thanks for introducing us!

Staci said...

I liked Sniffles..thought he was very cute!

carol said...

I don't remember Sniffles at all. Guess he just didn't make the impression on me that he did on you.