Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Favorite Fictional Character --- Colt Seavers


When I decided to start this feature within the first week of the blog launching, it was out of a desire to share the characters I love and want others to love just as much. Nine years later, while I'm still gung-ho on spreading the character love, I'm also reveling in the fact that it's reintroducing some of my childhood favorites. Some of which I haven't thought of in years.

A few weeks ago, when I decided to do one character from every year that I've been alive, it took that side benefit, and put it on steroids. I'm not sure I ever would have featured Colt Seavers otherwise, and that would have been a shame.


For those of you who have no idea who this guy is, other than that it's Lee Majors playing him, let me introduce him to you. Colt Seavers was the main character on the TV show, The Fall Guy. Colt is one of Hollywood's biggest stuntmen, but I guess stuntmen didn't get paid much in the early 1980s. Colt, because he doesn't make enough to cover his expenses, takes up bounty hunting on the side. I'm not sure most people would ever have put those two professions together, but it seemed to work for him. He uses his stunt skills, sometimes in rather elaborate setups, to catch his quarry. I can assure you that while some of what he did may have been unnecessary, it made great television, especially for the impressionable lad that I was. I don't think I had seen anything cooler than some of what he pulled off, and I wanted to be him so damn bad. And for the record, I really wanted his truck too.


4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I knew I recognized that name. I never watched that show but Carl did a few times.

Alexia561 said...

I vaguely remember this show but don't think that I was a regular viewer. Not sure why, as I love watching stuntmen in action!

TracyK said...

I don't remember ever watching The Fall Guy, but I like Lee Majors and the combination of stunt man and bounty hunter makes sense to me, and sounds like a fun premise.

linda christensen said...

Love Lee Majors and though did not see original show the episodes are in you tube and great watching