Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Favorite Fictional Character --- Micki Foster


I guess I'm still in a spooky sort of mood and I was thinking about some of my favorite paranormal TV shows, which of course lead me to some of my favorite characters from those shows.  Well today's character is that of Micki Foster who for three seasons tried to recover cursed antiques on the show Friday The 13th: The Series.


When Micki inherited her late uncle's antique shop, little did she know that she was about to put her life in danger for the next three years.  When Micki, along with her cousin Ryan, first inherit the shop, all Micki can see is dollar signs.  She's not exactly the strong, independent, kick ass woman that she becomes later on in the series.  She eventually talks Ryan into reopening the shop and selling off the contents.  Little did they know that the former owner, their uncle, had made a deal with the devil to sell cursed objects. Objects that granted their owners certain powers for the exchange of human lives.

When Micki and Ryan learn what their uncle did and their role in making the problem worse, Micki realizes that they need to do everything they can to recover the objects.  Over the next three years Micki grows into a woman that is still at the core fragile but has a tough outer skin that allows her to deal with the horrors that she sees everyday.  She had to deal with losses along the way, Ryan being turned into a kid with no way back and ever her own death, but through it all she came out the other side a stronger more confident person.

I really wish this show would have lasted longer than it did, but I'm grateful for the three seasons they allowed Micki to become a character that I would not only like to be friends with but one I know would have my back regardless of the circumstances.

6 comments:

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

She sounds like an interesting character. I wouldn't know. I'm a total wimp. I never saw the series. :D

Staci said...

I can not watch scary stuff!!! I'm like Melissa above...a wimp!!

Anonymous said...

There was a Friday The 13th: The Series?

http://www.ManOflaBook.com

Anonymous said...

I never heard of this and I thought I was an expert on obscure 80s tv shows! I love the premise though.

Alexia561 said...

Add me to the list of people who never heard of this series, but it sounds interesting!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I loved this show (yet another thing we have in common)! I always watch the reruns when they play them. In fact, I was watching them on SyFy Channel awhile back and I got curious about Robi (I think that's right...who played Mickey) and I looked her up online. She still looks pretty much the same, just a little older. I can't remember what she's doing now, off hand. I need to look her up again. I really liked her character on the show. Great choice, Ryan!