Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Favorite Fictional Charcter --- Brainy Smurf


Growing up a know-it-all kid who argued with the adults about stuff I thought I knew more about than I did, made me empathize with Brainy Smurf more than I would ever care to admit.

Brainy is that guy who can never be wrong and would never dream of giving someone else credit for being smarter than him.  He thinks he knows everything and has written many books on just about every subject you can imagine, including how to give birth.  The funny thing is he actually ends up being right sometimes but is so obnoxious in the way he presents himself, nobody is willing to listen.

Brainy for me was that inner nerd that always felt wronged by those who were more popular.  He was that part of me who hid behind my "brains" because I didn't know how else to deal with people at first.  He was that part of me, that as I aged, I slowly grew out of but never totally let go of.

9 comments:

Krista said...

LOL that sounds just like me!! ghaha I miss the smurfs on tv :) Great FFC :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the Smurfs!

Heidenkind said...

The only smurf I remember is the girl one.

agirlreads said...

Love this!!

I got a cable channel just so I could watch the smurfs. Brainy is every so annoying but ever so adorable.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

The Smurfs was a great cartoon. I wish it was still around for the little ones now. They need good shows like this. Thanks for the great share! I still wonder how Smurfette ever lived with all those men. *shaking head* :)

Rabid Fox said...

Ha. The only thing I can remember about Brainy is that he got booted out of the village in every episode. Never liked him as a child. He was the Piggy to the Smurf village's Lord of the Flies. :)

Alexia561 said...

Never watched the Smurfs, but I sorta, kinda remember them. Wasn't there just one girl and a whole bunch of boys? Poor girl! ;)

Smurf fan said...

I'm glad that you, Ryan, like Brainy as I do. I can relate to him because I've been in similar situations as him, because I was treated like a nerd, and because of his personality.

It sickens me that there are people who don't appreciate him for who he is. I, on the other hand, do appreciate him that way because I'm also like that in that I'm uptight, act like I know everything, and want others to follow certain rules. Ever since I got older, I became those ways.

Now, onto some of the other commentators:

1. at carolsnotebook:

You're not the only one who loves The Smurfs. I love it enough to want it back on the Cartoon Network and all of their episodes on DVD.

2. at agirlreads:

Although I'm glad that you like Brainy, I wish that you didn't call him annoying. I don't find him annoying. Instead, I find him interesting and relatable because he's misunderstood like I am sometimes.

Calling Brainy annoying makes it sound as if you don't like him. And I use that A-word on people who I don't like.

If you think that Brainy's adorable, then you should refrain from insulting him.

Speaking of insulting Brainy, I'd retaliate at his haters if they ever do that to him.

Smurf fan said...

Death to all of Brainy's haters.