Thursday, February 4, 2010

Word Verification Balderdash


For those of you unfamiliar with the greatness that is Balderdash, here is what you do. You write down all the word verifications you come across as you are commenting on other people's blogs. Then you play balderdash with them. Now for those of you who don't know how to play, you take a made up word and come up with an authentic sounding definition of it. Do this for a week and post your best ones on Thursday.

Come back and leave a link to your post and I will add it to the bottom of the post.

Here are mine for this week:
 
Lioder:  Dermatological condition that infects elderly male lions with dry skin and red scaling.  This condition never lasts for long period of time but it does happen on a regular basis and can only be relieved by the lion rolling around on the ground which exfoliates the scales.
 
Pyrawash:  Proffesional cleaning service that can be hired to clean up your bonfire and funeral pyre remains.  They charge a minimal fee plus they request  that they be allowed to keep the ashes for whatever dark rites they choose to practice.
 
Cactopod:  Odd shaped species of cacti that resembles the shape of a octopus.  I has eight stalkes rising out of the ground all of which connect into a large sphercial shape at the top.  This species is only found in Death Valley.
 
Velpo:  Evil despot that ruled the Visigoths with a iron fist.  He was notorious for cutting off every other finger on each hand, starting with the thumb, of those who wrote poetry he could not stomach.  He was overly fond of bawdy love poems and any poem that dealt with death was strictly forbidden.
 
Other Players This Week:

6 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Pyrawash...LOL

My head cant even believe it is Thursday today.... glad I popped over here - it was the Balderdash that gave the day away :)

Alexia561 said...

See, this is why you are the Balderdash King!

Lioder? Genius! Pyrawash? Too funny! Velpo is my favorite though, as I love evil despots. *L*

La Coccinelle said...

Hehehe... Pyrawash. That does sound moderately useful, though. Ashes can be messy.

Jackie said...

You are the Balderdash Guru, Ryan! I would have definitely lost a few fingers to Velpo with my bad poetry, lol.

Mine are here for this week. Glad to see you've taken over, so this can continue. I know Sheila will have her hands full with the Monday meme!

Stephanie said...

I always enjoy your Balderdash entries. "Velpo" is CLASSIC!!! :-)

I have an award for you here: http://starkravingbibliophile.blogspot.com/2010/02/awards.html

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Always great words here! I would really like to see a cactopod. That would be neat! Velpo sounds very strict on his poetry. I don't think I would have even gave poetry a shot with him as the ruler.

Great words!