Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Favorite Fictional Character --- Dean Winchester


Ever since I fell in love with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I've had a thing for supernaturally leaning TV shows.  I take that back, my love for them is actually older than that.  Other than the anthology shows like Tales from the Darkside or The Twilight Zone, I think it was Friday the 13th: The Series, that really got me worked up over them.  I've actually featured one of the main character from that show, Micki Foster.  Over the years I've watched Beyond Reality, Poltergeist: The Legacy, Kindred: The Embraced, the remake of Dark Shadows, Charmed, Angel, The Vampire Diaries, and of course Supernatural


Going on it's 9th season, renewed for a 10th, I must say that while I don't love Supernatural as much as I do Buffy, it's comes pretty damn close.  Of course it helps that the show centers around two very hot brothers, Dean and Sam Winchester.  It's pretty damn hard to pick who the hottest one is, but when you factor in looks, personality, and charisma, Dean wins hands down.  The guy just oozes an odd combination of swagger and vulnerability, and it's damn sexy. 

It's not all about the sex appeal though, granted I would love for the writers to come up with reasons to get him shirtless more often, but it's the whole package that makes him one of the most dynamic characters to ever grace a TV screen.  The guy is fiercely loyal, and will do anything for those close to him.  He may not think it out all the time, he may not care what the consequences are, but he will protect those he loves with everything in him.

He likes to come off as a bad ass ladies man, but underneath that is this rather sweet guy who loves family more than anything else.  He is at his most vulnerable when it comes to family, and if there is trouble, it wounds him to the core.   He's cocky, arrogant, and just a tad bit too sure of his smile, but every once in a while, he lets us see that a lot of false bravado is involved.  

And how can you not love a guy who can got to Hell and back, not to mention Purgatory, and come out with any sense of self left in him.  The mental and emotional strength that would take is mind boggling, and is not something most of us have.

I'll be interested in seeing how he continues to grown and develop, preferably without a shirt on.

3 comments:

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

I love Dean. You already know this though... haha

Angela's Anxious Life said...

I love Supernatural sooooooo much. I actually just started on that show this year with netflix. I am on season 6. I think I have like four episodes left in that season.

carol said...

Never watched Supernatural - or Buffy for that matter.