Thursday, December 9, 2010

CSN Stores: Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Slow Cooker Review


As you can tell I had to go with the stock image CSN Stores has on their website because I still don't have a camera to take lovely pictures to share with you guys.  I actually received my stainless steel, Hamilton Beach 7 quart slow cooker ages ago but it's been sitting in it's box waiting for cold weather.  I just can't seem to use a slow cooker when it's over 70 degrees outside.

Once that cold weather rolled in I was all about it though.  I've made chili in it twice and my roommate had made menudo once.  That's only been within the last two weeks.  I love the size of this slow cooker because the one I had before was smaller and I was never able to get enough food made with it.  This one allows to me make the right amount of food without stressing out about it.  Did I mention the stainless steel finish is gorgeous, it looks so good on my kitchen counter right now.  Especially since where it sits is right next door to a stand that has a silver tinsel tree with white lights on it.  The lights have beautiful warm reflection of it.

My only drawback is the fact it is stainless steel.  My other slow cooker isn't and I'm used to one that doesn't get all that warm on the outside.  The first time I used this one I wasn't thinking and crabbed the side to move it a little after it had been on for a few hours.  Needless to say my hands didn't like that all too much.  I quickly acclimated myself to my new situation and haven't done it since.

I'm not sure I can stop loving this one right now so if any of you need slow cookers or any other kitchen appliances, head on over and check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like to use a slow cooker in the summer. It doesn't heat up the house like the oven does and I don't have to stand over it like I do the stove.

Beth said...

Lovely! I love the new oval models. I totally agree about the stainless steel though - pretty, but one must be careful with it. :)

Congrats on your new kitchen toy!