Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Favorite Fictional Character --- Flipper


How could you not fall head over heels in love Flipper or want to be those two boys who got to grow up around a dolphin that was not only highly intelligent but a lot of fun. 

This was one of my favorite show growing up eventhough it only lasted for 3 seasons, it has left a lasting impression on me.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, the basic premise was a single father who was a game warden raised his two sons by himself.  Flipper was a cross between friend, pet, and mascot.  He helped them out with their adventures and was always there to lend a helping flipper (yes the pun was bad, sorry). 

I always wanted to join in on the adventures and swim with this amazing animal who almost seemed human at times.  I find myself wishing they made more shows where an animal was the central character.  There was an innocence about them that is missing in today's television, and it's sorely missed.
 

6 comments:

Ceri said...

Awwww, I had no idea Flipper was a TV Show. I've only seen the film with a young Elijah Wood. That dolphin's so cute. <3 :)

Anonymous said...

I never watched Flipper, looks like it was fun though.

Staci said...

I only saw this show a few times but I so agree with you in regards to innocence being lost. Our kids today are fed a lot of CRAP! Bring back the shows from the 70's and 80's!!

joemmama said...

Ryan---just seeing the picture made me start singing the theme song. I loved Flipper.....Watched every episode. Wish I was as smart as that dolphin.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I LOVED the thought of growing up with a dolphin friend. I always wanted to have that privilege. Although, I lived on all land and no where near the ocean. lol. I grew up wanting to work with the ocean life and this show just added to that desire.

Great pick!!!

Heidenkind said...

Dolphins scare me.