Saturday, January 8, 2011

GLBT Challenge 2011


I'm signing up for the GLBT Challenge 2011 which is being hosted once again by Amanda of The Zen Leaf. This challenge means a lot to me personally so I'm really looking forward to participating again this year.

The guidelines are a little different this year so I'll let Amanda tell you the basics:

The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors.

The challenge runs year-round as usual, but instead of requiring a certain number of books, this year I'm handling this challenge in a more do-it-yourself sort of fashion. You set your own goal. It doesn't matter if that goal is 1 book, 10 books, a percentage of your books, or to read from various age groups/genres. Your goal is completely up to you. Design this the way you want. Make it work for you. The important thing here is simply to get us reading GLBT lit.

You don't need to choose your books right away, and they can change at any time. Overlaps with other challenges are fine.

In January, I will put up a review linky. Those links help serve as a reference for others. They are also how I will track participants for the end of year prize drawing. For each book you review and link up, the greater your chance will be at winning. At the end of 2011, I will use random.org to select one participant - from the review linky - to win a book of their choice (up to $20) from the Book Depository.

Well I'm not setting a number goal on this one because I don't want any extra pressure on myself but I'm almost positive I'll be reading at least 12 books.

3 comments:

Lisa_Gibson said...

What a great challenge. I'll do it! I've already got several slated so far. :)
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

bermudaonion said...

I love the way Amanda's doing the challenge - you can't fail! Have fun with it!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I'm considering this one for the first time but i don't know yet. I don't want to put TOO many challenges on my plate. Good luck to you!