Friday, January 7, 2011

Femme Fatale Reading Challenge 2011


I promise this is my last mystery related challenge that I'm signing up for this year.  I don't feel too bad though because all they challenges allow cross pollination, so it shouldn't be too hard.  The Femme Fatale Reading Challenge 2011 is being hosted by Whitney of She Is Too Fond Of Books .

Here is how Whitney describes the challenge plus gives the rules:

"A femme fatale, translating to "Deadly Woman" in french, is an alluring, seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers in bonds of irresistible desire. Often this leads them into compromising, dangerous and deadly situations."

"Typically, Femme Fatales are portrayed as the villains but occasionally become the heroine by the end of the tale. A Femme Fatale, tortures her lover teasing him with her affections driving him into obsession, making irrational decisions."

~ Wikipedia

Guidelines:

Between January 1 - December 31, 2011 read and/or watch as many femme fatale related items as you wish (see levels below)

Cross-overs to other challenges are fine

It is not required to make a list beforehand

You don't need a blog to join

Please sign up in the comments

Levels:

Enchantress -- 3 femme fatale items
Jezebel -- 6 femme fatale items
Dragon Lady -- 12 femme fatale items

Since this challenges allows movies to count I'm signing up for the Dragon Lady level.  I'm already gleeful about the Barbara Stanwyck movies I get to watch now.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You'll have so much fun with this challenge!

Whitney said...

Thanks for joining the challenge. Barbara Stanwyck movies are the best!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Oooooh what a wicked good challenge. Very clever!!!

Staci said...

I wouldn't think you would be able to pass this one up!! Have fun!

Oregon Kimm said...

Good luck on all your challenges!! You know that I gave up entering any this year, although maybe...just one or two down the road!

Ceri said...

This sounds like such a great challenge. I'd totally join in with this one if I had your patience. Haha. I'm so bad at book challenges.

Good luck, hun!