Saturday, December 18, 2010

Typically British Reading Challenge Wrap-Up


Back on December 18th of last year, I signed up for the Typically British Reading Challenge hosted by Carolyn of Book Chick City.  My goal was the highest level, "Cream Crackered", which involved reading 8 books by British authors.  Well I'm glad to report that I doubled that goal with a total of 16 books.  I had a lot of fun with this challenge, and really didn't realize how many books by British authors I already read.  I'm hoping Carolyn is going to do this one again next year.

Here are the reviews in order:

The Big Four by Agatha Christie
Partners In Crime by Agatha Christie
A Madness Of Angels by Kate Griffin
Hell's Belles by Paul Magrs
The Seven Dials Mystery by Agatha Christie
Murder At The Vicarage by Agatha Christie
The Mysterious Mr. Quinn by Agatha Christie
The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie
Death Mask by Graham Masterton
The Spy Who Haunted Me by Simon R. Green
Peril At End House by Agatha Christie
Noah's Castle by John Rowe Townsend
The Tuesday Club Murders by Agatha Christie
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse

4 comments:

Staci said...

You did a smash up job with that cracker!!! Great list of books too!

bermudaonion said...

Woo hoo! Way to go!

Yvette said...

Great job! Of course you can't go wrong with Dame Agatha. This sounds like the kind of challenge I'd be interested in as well. I read Brits all the time. You did good, Ryan.

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

Wow! Great list and lots of great British books. Have you read any of Georgette Heyer's mysteries? Great stuff!