Monday, December 20, 2010

GLBT Reading Challenge 2010 Wrap-Up


Looking back on when I signed up for these challenges last year is making me realize that I still haven't signed up for any of them for next year.  I need to get going.  Well I signed up for this one on Nov. 16 and I committed to the rainbow level which was 12 or more books, I got exactly 12 books done.

Obviously my favorite books of this challenge was the Last Herald Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey.  I can't even tell you how many times I've read these books but I'll never stop.  Most of these books were rereads for me but the new ones for the most part are new favorites as well. 

The Dreyfus Affair by Peter Lefcourt
Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite
Daytime Drama by Dave Benbow
The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff
The Secret Keeper by Dorien Grey
The Blue Moon Cafe by Rick R. Reed
Magic's Pawn by Mercedes Lackey
Magic's Promise by Mercedes Lackey
Magic's Price by Mercedes Lackey
A Demon Inside by Mercedes Lackey
Looking For It by Michael Thomas Ford

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Way to go!!

Lisa_Gibson said...

Good job! That's quite a few books. :)
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

Yvette said...

You did good, Ryan. But I see you still haven't picked up Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner books.
LUCK IN THE SHADOWS
STALKING DARKNESS
TRAITOR'S MOON
SHADOW'S RETURN
THE WHITE ROAD
(You're missing out!)
I can't recommend these books to you strongly enough, especially since you like the Lackey books so much.
You will love the Flewelling books.
I'm sure of it. :)

Staci said...

You did a great job on this one and I'll have to reference your list with those Lackey books!

Ordinary Reader said...

Hello Ryan. I was excited to receive your Christmas card today...this holiday card exchange is so much fun! I'm finding some interesting titles on your blog and a few bloggers to check out who are new to me. I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous 2011.
Dianne

Ryan said...

Thank you guys!

Yvette, I will check them out.

Diane, You are more than welcome.

Ceri said...

Congrats on completing it, hun. :D I couldn't get through it thanks to my reading block but you did awesome. Can't wait to see what kind of challenges you pick for 2011!