Friday, December 17, 2010

Julie London Does Christmas (Plus Guest Post News)


Julie London is still probably one of my favorite singers and actresses of all time.  She was gorgeous and had one of those voices that seduced you from the get go.  I thought I would share some of my favorite Christmas songs that she made all her own.  On a side note, speaking of Christmas music, I have a guest post over at The Christmas Spirit talking about some of my favorite Christmas songs that don't get the radio play they deserve.  So please stop by and tell Michelle hi.

First up is "Warm December".  It was the first Christmas song I ever heard from her and it almost made me wish I was straight.


"I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" is normally done in an uptempo style that sounds more fun than sexy.  When Julie London does it, it's slow, seductive, and sexy!



4 comments:

Yvette said...

I liked Julie London too, Ryan.
She and Peggy Lee used to epitomize 'sexy singers' for me. Gosh it seems as if we never hear either of them anywhere, anymore. Another favorite of mine: Dick Haymes, has disappeared from the airwaves as well.

Of course, there's always youtube.
But it's just not the same.

bookmagic said...

She is beautiful and what a voice! Thanks for sharing

Staci said...

Weren't they just the cat's meow?? I love how sultry that photo is!

Unknown said...

Never befire have I heard such a sexy rendition of this song. Julie certainly knew how to put romanance into the words of this song such that you feel that she is singing it just for you. The singers of today could learn so much from Julie