Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mailbox Monday for 12/26/10 (The Christmas Edition)


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at The Printed Page and is being hosted all this month by Lady Q at Let Them Read Books



I was so happy when i got my blogger Secret Santa package late last week.  My partner was Pam who lives in Elizabethtown, PA and she did a wonderful job.  She doesn't have a blog for me to link, otherwise I would have.  She got me paperbacks of both  The White Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey and Stolen by Kelley Armstrong.  She also gave me a Charlie Brown & Snoopy teacup and a Snoopy bookmark.



When I got my Christmas card from my friend Pablo, he sent $10 in it so I went straight to the book store to buy something.  I ended up with a paperback of Royal Flush by Rhys Bowen, plus I bought a paperback of Finding The Way edited by Mercedes Lackey.



I won a paperback of The Conqueror's Shadow and an ARC of The Warlord's Legacy, both by Ari Marmell.


My good friend, Michelle of The True Book Addict sent me this wonderful trade paperback of SciFi Christmas stories, Christmas Stars edited by David G. Hartwell.

16 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Yay...you got the book! I was hoping you would get it before Christmas. =O)

Great mailbox too...you got some really good ones this week.

Simcha said...

Oh good, I'm glad to see that you got the books. I really enjoyed The Conqueror's Shadow and look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Wrighty said...

Wow, great books! You have plenty to keep you busy over the holidays. Enjoy!

Mystica said...

Nice reading. Enjoy!

Marg said...

Fun mailbox! I would like to read the Rhys Bowen books!

DCMetroreader said...

Terrific, full mailbox! Enjoy all your goodies!

Jenny Q said...

Great Mailbox! I'd really like to read Kelley Armstrong someday! Thanks for linking up to Mailbox Monday! Happy reading!

Pamela Keener said...

I am so glad you got my package in time for Christmas.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I received for review The Elephant Keeper by Christopher Nicholson from Tribute Books Reviews & Giveaways.

"I asked the sailor what an Elephant looked like; he replied that it was like nothing on earth."

England, 1766: After a long voyage from the East Indies, a ship docks in Bristol, England, and rumor quickly spreads about its unusual cargo—some say a mermaid is on board. A crowd forms, hoping to catch a glimpse of the magical creature. One crate after another is unpacked: a zebra, a leopard, and a baboon. There's no mermaid, but in the final two crates is something almost as magical—a pair of young elephants, in poor health but alive.

Seeing a unique opportunity, a wealthy sugar merchant purchases the elephants for his country estate and turns their care over to a young stable boy, Tom Page. Tom's family has long cared for horses, but an elephant is something different altogether. It takes time for Tom and the elephants to understand one another, but to the surprise of everyone on the estate, a remarkable bond is formed.

The Elephant Keeper, the story of Tom and the elephants, in Tom's own words, moves from the green fields and woods of the English countryside to the dark streets and alleys of late-eighteenth-century London, reflecting both the beauty and the violence of the age. Nicholson's lush writing and deft storytelling complement a captivating tale of love and loyalty between one man and the two elephants that change the lives of all who meet them.

Anonymous said...

What a great list. Enjoy!

Alexia561 said...

What a great mailbox! Hope you love Stolen as much as I did! Happy reading!

Yvette said...

Looks like you've got some great reading ahead of you, Ryan. A great way to begin the New Year, that's for sure. I got some Christmas Book Loot myself. As I always say: what is Christmas without books??

Staci said...

Your mailbox was filled with sheer goodness..enjoy!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great mailbox, Ryan...hope you have fun reading them all!

Here's mine:

(click my name)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great books! I'm getting jealous of everyones Christmas edition with xmas gifts of books. :( *pouting* Looks like you have some great books. :)

I finally broke down last year and bought the first book of Kelley Armstrongs series. It sounds really good. :)

Enjoy!

Ceri said...

Wow. Some great gifts, Ryan. :D I honestly can't wait to read the reviews for these.