Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mailbox Monday for 1/3/11


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at The Printed Page and is being hosted all this month by Rose City Reader.


I received a trade paperback of The Alchemy of Chance by Peter S. Brooks from the publisher for review.



From Barnes & Noble I bought two paperbacks on my last trip, The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan and Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie.


I bought the hardcover of Odd and the Frost Giants from Wal-Mart for $3.


I bought a excellent condition hardcover of A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan from the Friends of the Library Book Store for only $1.

12 comments:

bookmagic said...

I keep hearing about The Strain, maybe I should check this one out. I hope you had a wonderful New Year!

Ceri said...

The Alchemy of Chance looks interesting - I really like the cover too. :D

bermudaonion said...

I may have to go see if our Wal-Mart has Odd and the Frost Giants for that price. I read an e-Galley from the publisher and thought the book was great. Enjoy your new books!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

That Agatha Christie book looks really good.

Happy New Year!
Here is mine

Anonymous said...

read mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/mailbox-monday.html

Alyce said...

Those look like fun!

Lori Johnston said...

The Strain looks interesting and any Agatha Christie book is guaranteed to be a winner. Look forward to your reviews, Ryan!

My MM is here: http://www.psychoticstate.net/2011/01/mailbox-monday-january-3-2010.html

Anonymous said...

Looks like some good ones. Enjoy!

Zia said...

I really enjoyed Odd and the Frost Giants

Wendi said...

I've had a Robert Jordan book on my tbr pile for quite some time (one I promised a friend I'd read - it looks really good)... may need to pull it forward!

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, they all look good, Ryan...and I see you've joined the A-Z Mystery Challenge...so have I! This year, I want to read more mysteries.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Mystica said...

Agatha Christie is good at any time a real comfort read.Enjoy the reading.