Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mailbox Monday for 1/24/11


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at The Printed Page and is being hosted all this month by Rose City Reader.







I can't talk about it but I ended up returning two books that I got for Christmas presents.  I won't mention what they were or who gave them to me but they were books I would never read so I returned them to Borders and got 6 books I would read.  I picked up a paperback of Why Didn't They Ask Evans? by Agatha Christie.  I also got 4 paperbacks that are replacements for books I used to own; The Silver Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey & Larry Dixon, Bearing An Hourglass by Piers Anthony, Strangers by Dean R Koontz, and Watchers by Dean R Koontz.  I've also been missing Torchwood so I picked up a hardcover of Torchwood: Bay of the Dead by Mark Morris.
  

I received a trade paperback of The Fifth Servant by Kenneth Wishnia for an upcoming TLC Book Tour.


I got the two disc collector's edition of "National Treasure" from the Disney Movie Rewards program.

15 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Both of the dean Koontz choices are fantastic - enjoy them! And I love National Treasure! Have a great time reading and watching your movie Ryan!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Nice selection of books. I would read any of those and be happy. I didn't know there were Torchwood books!

Mystica said...

I've read that Agatha Christie and it was good. Enjoy your books.

Majanka said...

It sucks when people buy you books you know you won't read, and then you have to return them, and you feel bad and all. :( You did get a very full mailbox this week. Enjoy reading! Here's my Mailbox for this week.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Great bunch there! Strangers and Watchers were two of my favorite Koontz books back in the day. And Torchwood...yum! I also love the National Treasure movies.

We've been missing you at TuesBookTalk. Is it not working out with your schedule? Remember, it's on Goodreads now too so if you ever want to discuss the book with me on there, let me know.

bermudaonion said...

You cracked me up when you said you can't talk about it! It sounds like you got a great deal - 6 books for 2. Enjoy!

Kaye said...

Looks like a good exchange to me. You can never go wrong with Agatha Christie. Have a great week, Ryan and enjoy your new books.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, some great looking mysteries...I haven't read those two Koontz books. Enjoy!

Here's my Monday:

(click my name)

Wendi said...

You got lots of great books Ryan! I didn't know they had Torchwood out in books. I'll have to go look for them. :) We are also members of the Disney Rewards program, but don't really have enough points to get anything neat yet... I loved National Treasure! Have fun with your books and movie.

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I also received The Fifth Servant and just started reading it last night. I can't wait to read your thoughts on it! Here's my Mailbox: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Mailbox Monday...

Julie said...

What a great mailbox! I have most of Koontz's books in my shelves; he's great for a quick, compelling read! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Read Watchers - I liked it very much, mostly because of the doggie. Koontz is really good at horror, but sucky with the love story. Of course this was written early in his career so he might have improved.

Holly said...

Don't you love it when well intentioned family members gift you with books you'd never read in a million years? My hubby's grandma gave me a whole bunch of romances and mysteries one time, neither of which I read. Fifth Servant looks interesting.

Dusky Literati said...

I'm also missing Torchwood.

Yvette said...

That's a great Agatha Christie. The pbs film of the book is excellent as well. I loved TORCHWOOD until they killed off you know who.