Thursday, October 15, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here is what you do. You write down all the word verifications you come across as you are posting comments on other peoples blogs. You then play Balderdash with them. Now for those of you who don't know how to play, you take a made up word and come up with a authentic sounding definition for it. Do this for a week and then post your best ones every Thursday.

Here are mine for this week:

Spoll: Thought sensing spell used by witches and warlocks running for political office to gauge the mood of the electorate.

Hyclons: Devotees of the Cult of Halcyon Days. They can be identified by their permanent smiles and sunny dispositions that can not be daunted.

Inventie: Latin term for cast off inventions that never make it past the model stage. They are normally defective and do not perform the function they were designed to do. Some have been known to be dangerous and have to be carefully disposed of.

Bayst: Ancient Egyptian goddess who was the goddess of bays and river mouths. She was the twin sister of the goddess Bastet and was depicted as a human woman with the head of a seahorse.

Flesse: Liquefied cotton candy combined with wax and thread to form dental floss. Popular with kids of all ages but can be highly addictive and has been know to cause problems with some children.

7 comments:

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Ryan - I left my list at home.... what a dough head I am! Thank you for sticking with this.... I really am going to get back to it!

You always make me laugh with these... thank you for spoll :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great definitions this week Ryan.

I love Inventie. I hope there aren't any dangerous ones left out there for us to find. And Flesse, I think my son would love this.

Jackie said...

Those Hyclons really get on my nerves, especially in the mornings! Great words as usual, Ryan.

I've thrown my hat back in the ring and posted mine here

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

My faves are SPOLL and HYCLONS!

Peter S. said...

Hi, Ryan! I love the concept of the "inventie"! Although, it's my first time to hear about "flesse".

Krista said...

You are much too funny, Ryan! Great words :)

La Coccinelle said...

LOL... great words.

I can see how flesse might cause problems; wouldn't that promote tooth decay?