Monday, October 12, 2009

Mailbox Monday for 10/12/2009


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

This last week was a little busier than the one before. I actually have books to post about this week. It's so exciting.

I bought Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris from Amazon.Com using the $15 gift card I won from Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

I recieved a audio book of $20 Per Gallon by Christopher Steiner from a giveaway held by Beth at Beth's Book Review.

I bought 4 hardcover books from the Friends of the Library Bookstore.

Witch World: Swords & Spells by Andre Norton for 50 cents

The Warding of Witch World by Andre Norton for 75 cents

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt for 75 cents

Endpeace by Jon Cleary for 50 cents

10 comments:

Krista said...

Looks as though you have some great reading ahead of you! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

These books look good. I am curious to see what you think of them when your done. Andre Norton rings a bell with me but I don't think I have read any of the books. I look forward to your reviews.

Zia said...

Someday I got to start the Sookie series. I have never heard of the Witch World ones before. I'll have to check them out.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is one of the most well written books I've read. Movie? not so good....book=excellent!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've heard about "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." I'll anxiously await your review. "Dead Until Dark" sounds spooky!

My Mailbox Monday is here:

http://laurelrainsnowcreations.blogspot.com/

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hi, just visiting from Melissa @ My World. I love your blog with it's halloween theme - there are some really great pictures.

Carol said...

What a great batch of books. I need to get around to Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil sometime.

Ryan said...

Krista, Thank you, I plan on enjoying myself

Melissa, I have never read the Witch World books before so when I saw these two so cheap I had to get them. I just have to get the first book now.

Zia, I was pleasently surprised by the Sookie book. I'm looking forward to the next one now.

Michelle, I love the book but I misplaced my copy in a move so when I saw it for 75 cents in great condition I had to get it. Best part of the movie was the drag queen she was brilliant.

Laurel, They are both wonderful books.

Peter, Thanks for coming by. I hope you stick around.

Carol, If you ever read it let me know what you think of it.

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Hey Ryan - glad to see you bought something fun with the gift card! :)

Beth (BBRB) said...

Hope you enjoy Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. What a great book! And the movie was quite good as well.

And, glad you received your audiobook safely!