Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is how it works.
Grab the book you are currently reading (anything at all)
Open the book to any random page.
Share 2 "teaser" sentences from anywhere on the page.
Please Make Sure They Are Not Spoilers!
(Don't Give Too Much Away)Just enough to pique our interest.
List the book and author so other participants can get their hand on it if they choose to read it as well.

For This Week:

Leopold stepped forward again and bent down a bit. Methodically, as the Toreador savored each moment, he pressed his lips firmly against the clay of the bust and held the kiss as he diligently worked his tongue into the clay of Victoria's open and smiling mouth.

From Clan Novel: Toreador by Stewart Wieck

13 comments:

Krista said...

LOL! That's kinda funny and gross! Cool teaser!

Mines up on my blog :)

JLS Hall (Joy's Blog) said...

Well, I have to admit I'm tempted to say "Yuck!" - but since I don't know what's really going on, I'll just say that's quite a teaser! But it does make me want to find out more about the book.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Okay, I have to admit. I have never heard of this book, but when I read this I had to google the book and check it out.

Very cool teaser. Made me go looking for the book. LOL!

Kristen said...

Great teaser. Makes me wonder what is going on in that book. :)

Phyl said...

That's a very good teaser, and definitely makes you want to know more about what's going on.

Of course, my very first thought is, "Wow, is he desperate..." Ha!

Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

Cecelia said...

Great teaser! It really evokes a reaction - something like a cross between "weird!" and "huh...I wonder..." Thanks for sharing (and for coming by my blog!).

Nise' said...

Intriguing teaser!!

Bingo said...

I wanted to stop by because I saw where Nikola awarded you the BINGO award and I wanted to congratulate you. I started the award and I am so pleased to see people passing it on to blogs that deserve it so am in turn trying to get to as many as possible to visit. And am so glad I did as i am finding wonderful NEIGHBORLY blogs like yours! Come see me sometime at BOOKIN' WITH BINGO. I am new since January but trying to make it in this big old blog world! I signed up to follow your BINGO worthy blog :D

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Intriguing Ryan!

I did one this week too.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Had to come back over and let you know...I DID IT! My blog is now three columns and I have a new background, etc. Thank you so much for giving me that link! You were right. Stuff fits much nicer on a blog with three columns. Let me know what you think =)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ryan, the 3 columns look WONDERFUL!! And I love the black and white scheme. Very smooth.

Lisa said...

Whoa - that's quite a teaser! Certainly makes me interested in the rest of the story.

My teaser is here.

Ryan said...

Thanks EVERYONE for dropping by and commenting (I've been lazy lately so I apologize for not doing individual responses right now)

You guys don't know how much your comments mean to me so thank you!