Sunday, March 22, 2015

Switching Commenting Back to Disqus



I've decided to switch back to Disqus for commenting.  I tried it out a few years ago, and had quite a few problems with it, but as time has gone by, I've noticed that a lot of the issues I had, are no longer happening for other bloggers.  

The biggest reason I'm switching back is that it does make it easier to reply to every comment. I try to respond by email now, but with so many people not setting up their email address for Blogger, it's becoming a less frequent option for me.  I'm going to miss having the comments pull up in a separate window, as I do think that makes it easier, but I'll learn to live without it. 

Hopefully this transition will go smoother for me, than it did a few years ago.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.  

14 comments:

Sheila DeChantal said...

I hope it works better for you this time around :)

Ryan said...

Me too. Some of the huge problems I had with it the last time are already going a heck of a lot better.

Debbie Haupt said...

Hope it works well for you Ryan!!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I'm too lazy to try other commenting systems. :) Hope this works well for you.

Ryan said...

So far, so good!

Ryan said...

Me too. I would have loved to stay with the Blogger commenting system, but I could never figure out how to reply to individual messages, hence the email thing.

Nise' said...

Glad Disqus is easier this time around. It is user friendly as a commenter.

Ryan said...

My biggest issue with it this time around, and it's a small one, is the load time. I want that instant popup, the way I had it with Blogger.

Angelas Anxious Life said...

I have a fake email set up for comments so I don't get spam. I really like Disqus a lot! Really it has made a big difference in my comments.

Ryan said...

The only reason I've gone this route is that it does making replying easier, especially since so many people have not connected their email to their profile. It's all your fault Angie!! :-)

Michael @ Literary Exploration said...

Thank goodness, Bloggers commenting system is so bad that I just don't bother leaving comments.

Ryan said...

I liked the extra pop-up, which allowed readers to stay on the main page, rather than having to go back to the home page every time a comment is left. But I agree, this is a lot easier to use in general.

Michelle Miller said...

I've been really happy with Disqus (I use it on all my blogs, except for HFC). I used Intense Debate before and didn't like them as much. I like how people can post images in the comments too. Good luck. Hope it works better for you this time. :)

Ryan said...

Thanks Michelle! It's working a lot better than the first go round. What issues did you have with the other one you used?