Sunday, March 29, 2015

My New Found Addiction to Trivia Crack




I don't know about the rest of you, but within the last week, I've become addicted to Trivia Crack.  I kept seeing some of my Facebook friends playing it, but I try to avoid Facebook games, otherwise they become a huge time suck for me.  I can't even begin to tell you how much of my life was wasted playing Farmville, Castleville, Frontierville, Zoo World, and all the rest of the games, I got tricked into playing. 

Eventually I caved, and instead of playing on Facebook, I downloaded the app to my NOOK.   And the rest, they say, is history.  I can't stop playing it, and when I'm not playing against a friend, I'm rating user questions, just to keep my useless trivia skills razor sharp.  In my crazed addiction, I've even submitted twenty questions for community approval, I'm still waiting to see if any of them make it into the game.

Until then, I thought I would put the twenty questions I've come up with, and see if you guys, without cheating, can answer them.

Geography

The island of Gibraltar is a territory of which nation?

     Italy
     Great Britian
     France
     Spain

In what state does the Mississippi River start in?

     Wisconsin
     Mississippi
     Minnesota
     Iowa

Science 

What is the smallest species of antelope?

     Dik-Dik
     Oribi
     Royal
     Steenbok

What animal is also known as a wapiti?

     Deer
     Moose
     Elk
     Caribou

What is the symbol of Curium on the Periodic Table?

     Cm
     Cu
     Cr
     Ci

Art

Which of the following is not a shade of green?

     Chartreuse
     Myrtle
     Ultramarine
     Kelly

What was the name of the prophetic rabbit in the classic book, Watership Down by Richard Adams?

     Silver
     Dandelion
     Fiver
     Hazel

Perry Mason is a creation of which American mystery writer?

     Richard Castle
     Ellery Queen
     Ryan David Jahn
     Erle Stanley Gardner

Who was the subject of Marie Tussaud's first wax sculpture?

     Benjamin Franklin
     Voltaire
     Horatio Nelson
     Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Who wrote The Circular Staircase?

     Agatha Christie
     Mary Higgins Clark
     Mary Roberts Rinehart
     Jessica Fletcher

Who Wrote And Then There Were None?

     Patricia Wentworth
     Agatha Christie
     Mary Roberts Rinehart
     Erle Stanley Gardner

Sports

The 1928 Winter Olympic Games were held where?

     Squaw Valley
     Innsbruck
     Albertville
     St. Moritz

What was the first professional baseball team Daryl Strawberry played for?

     New York Yankees
     New York Mets
     Los Angeles Dodgers
     San Francisco Giants

Entertainment

In the 1966 TV Christmas special, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, who is the voice actor that sings "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"?

     Thurl Ravenscroft
     Hal Smith
     Dallas McKennon
     Boris Karloff

In what year did Elijah Bond release the first commercially made ouija board?

     1934
     1890
     1817
     1952

Who played Zorro in the Walt Disney produced TV show?

     Van Williams
     Dennis Morgan
     Mario Lopez
     Guy Williams

Who played opposite Cary Grant in, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House?

     Ruth Hussey
     Bea Arthur
     Myrna Loy
     Rosalind Russell

What is not the name of a Thin Man movie?

     The Thin Man Goes Home
     The Thin Man Takes a Ride
     After the Thin Man
     Song of the Thin Man

History

The Spanish Flu pandemic that killed around 50 million people world wide, happened in what year?

     1879
     1903
     1942
     1918

What was the name of the American Great Lakes freighter that was sunk by a storm on Lake Superior, on November 10th, 1975?

     The SS Superior City
     The SS Edmund Fitzgerald
     The SS Monarch
     The SS Samuel Mather

13 comments:

bermudaonion(Kathy) said...

I love trivia and have been afraid to even look at this game. I know the answer to a few of your questions.

Nise' said...

I will not download this game, I will not download this game!

Katherine P said...

I love this game! We were playing it quite a bit here and it turns out it doesn't bring out the best in us. There was a lot of trash talking!

Ryan said...

Trash talking can be the best part of any game!

Ryan said...

I have a feeling you may end up caving in!

Ryan said...

Kathy, if you like trivia, it won't take long to get hooked on it.

Which questions did you know?

bermudaonion(Kathy) said...

Getting hooked is what I'm afraid of. The answers I think I know:

Geography:
Great Britain
Minnesota

Science:
cm

Art:
Chartreuse
Erle Stanley Gardner
AND THEN THERE WERE NONE - Agatha Christie

History:
1918
The SS Edmund Fitzgerald

Ryan said...

You had them right except for chartreuse.

Prashant Trikannad said...

This sounds like Trivial Pursuit (Trivial Thingz in India) that the family used to play until a few years ago. It was very addictive. The only online or computer game I play today is chess.

Ryan said...

I've tried to learn how to play chess, and while I understand the moves, my brain refuses to engage and I end up getting trounced. :-(

Lisa Sheppard said...

I had to remove this game from my phone. I had almost entirely stopped reading and was playing even while I was eating. It is so much fun, though and I did enjoy thumping people at it!

Ryan said...

Oddly, like a lot of the app games I get hooked on, my interest is already waning. The questions are either really easy, or so random, it's starting to get a little annoying.

Lisa Sheppard said...

The ones we really hate are the ones where they ask for a year or a number and the choices are chronological, i.e. what year did a particular event take place - 1956, 1957, 1958 or 1959. I don't think we need to be that trivial!