Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Favorite Fictional Character --- Bo & Luke Duke


When I was trying to figure out who I was going to highlight this week, I went back to look at the movies, television shows, and books that debuted in 1979. As I scrolled through them I realized that a lot of the characters who made their first public appearance are not some of my favorites. The few that were, like Benson DuBois, have already been highlighted over the years. There was one glaring exception that I simply can't believe I've managed to overlook for this long. Seriously, how the hell could I have passed up The Dukes Of Hazzard for as long as I have? This was a show that I absolutely loved as a kid. I watched it every chance I got. I had a map like playset with buildings and the General Lee that I played with all the damn time. Tonight, I'm making that right, and presenting the two characters who made the show what it was, Bo & Luke Duke.


It's almost impossible to separate the cousins from each other, so I'm not even going to try. Where one went, the other was sure to follow. On the outside, it may appear that the boys are petty criminals, hellbent on making the lives of Hazzard County law enforcement a living hell. If you dive in a little closer, you realize that while the Dukes make and sell illegal moonshine, and the cousins are on probation, they are modern day Robin Hoods, protecting the innocent citizens of Hazzard County from the corrupt officials in office. They make it their mission to not only test the boundaries of their County, but to make sure Boss Hog isn't allowed to get away with his money grubbing greedy ways.

Don't get me wrong, the boys like to get in trouble, especially Bo who acts first without thinking anything through, but their hearts are pure gold. Even though Luke is forced to find a away out of the messes Bo gets them into, it's obvious the two of them are a team. Bo is a former stock car driver, and Luke is a former marine, and they both love and cherish family above all else. There is nothing about them that an adolescent boy wouldn't want to emulate, even if he shouldn't.  

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I've never seen that show but I sure remember when it was so popular.

TracyK said...

I haven't seen that show either, I don't think I was watching much TV at that time. It does sound like fun.

Alexia561 said...

I remember this show! It got even sillier towards the end of it's run, but was always fun to watch!

carol said...

Love, love, love the Dukes of Hazzard. I've actually though about finding them on DVD.

David James said...

Apna Showroom Women's Cotton Panty (Multicolour, 90cm) - Pack of 12 Pieces with desent Look
Apna Showroom Girl's Cotton Panties Set (apsw_Girl_Undergarments_0021, Multicolour, 30) with desent Look
Apna Showroom Girls' Cotton Panties (Pack of 6) (apsw_girl_undergarments_0022_Multicolored_32)
Apna Showroom Women's Cotton Panty (Multicolour, 90cm) - Pack of 12 Pieces with desent Look
Apna Showroom Girls' Cotton Panties (Pack of 12) (apsw_girl_undergarments_0027_Multicolored_30)
Apna Showroom Lice and Nits Removal Hair Comb for Women (Multicolour) - attractive
Apna showroom Hair combo for men kids girls ladies women