Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Favorite Fictional Character --- Poky Little Puppy


I'm pretty sure that at some point in our lives, we have been just like Poky Little Puppy.  There are always those moments when something catches our eye, and we get distracted.  It may be a really cool shirt at the store, you stop to look at it, and the next thing you know, your friends have disappeared on you.  I find myself copying Poky Little Puppy every time I'm in a bookstore, record store, or an antique mall.

You see, Poky Little Puppy just can't seem to turn his curiosity off.  He finds himself being left behind by his brothers and sisters all the time.  At first, it keeps him out of trouble, but after a while, he starts getting so behind, that he ends up in trouble.

Now I don't know about you, but when I get in a bookstore, I'm always in trouble.  I go in, thinking I'll only be in there for a 10 to 15 minutes, before I know it, I've been in there for an hour or two.  I would see the bargain stacks, get distracted by the new paperbacks, and get stuck in the cafe, staring at the cheesecake.


Poky is my hero in a way.  He doesn't allow himself to feel guilty over his curiosity, he lives his life the way he wants to, and doesn't let those around him dictate the speed he lives life.  He enjoys his life, and doesn't stress out when plans don't go quite his way, well unless he misses dessert. 

4 comments:

bermudaonion(Kathy) said...

You gotta love the poky little puppy!

Ryan said...

Yes you do!

Simcha said...

I saw a post on your blog a few weeks ago that I was meaning to come back and comment on (yeah, life has been hectic) but then I got distracted by this post. It reminded me that it's been ages since I last read this book to my kids (I don't think my toddler has ever even heard it) and I should really go dig it out of whatever bookshelf it's been hiding in. Thanks for the reminder!

Shilolilo said...

I am Super Poky, I get distracted by shiny things/people and while I am lost in my curious dream world I am always getting left behind! Poky is my spirit animal and God I could go some Strawberry Shortcake